Author Topic: Restaurabts that DON'T show football.  (Read 5684 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Restaurabts that DON'T show football.
« on: February 27, 2014, 16:48:38 PM »
We eat out in Fethiye every third night and we are running out of restaurants that don't have the football on every night. We ate at the Megri in Fethiye old town last night fortunately the dreaded football did not start until 21.45 so we had our meal and left just as the mob arrived.

We walked passed the Address and there must have been 400 people there packed in like sardines.

The places we have found football free so far are the Meydan, Veranda, Mosaic, Kings Gardens. Can anybody recommend any others in Fethiye.

We eat at the Address a lot but have to pick the nights to go.

DonM

Offline VOJOs

• Newly Registered
Re: Restaurabts that DON'T show football.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 16:54:51 PM »
unfortunately we do show football games on too if there is any, however  we do not put the commentatory on . Hope that helps

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 17:15:45 PM »
Oztoklu don't have a TV but they're not open during the winter.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 17:21:30 PM »
Where is Vojo's please? I'm not all that familiar with Calis except the prom.

DonM

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 17:22:43 PM »
Don You have to accept you are in Turkey, and if Galatasary or Fenerbache are playing you will get that, the same if you are in England I-e Man Utd, Chelsea etc.  ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 17:35:53 PM »
I suppose it depends on what bit of England you are thinking about. I don't know of any restaurants which show football around here - I'm pleased to say.

Offline Christie

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 17:39:57 PM »
Bella Mama in Calis doesn't have a tv (or football) and it still full every night.  Not sure but I don't recall Calis Beach Indian restaurant having a tv either, but could be that we just didn't notice it.  Both places are very good and a nice eating experience. 

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 17:48:07 PM »
Don You have to accept you are in Turkey, and if Galatasary or Fenerbache are playing you will get that, the same if you are in England I-e Man Utd, Chelsea etc.   ;)

I accept that with the big games but some places have football on most nights, I know the sound is off but it's still a pain. I don't have a TV maybe that's why I find it a pain.  :)

DonM

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 17:52:18 PM »
I suppose it depends on what bit of England you are thinking about. I don't know of any restaurants which show football around here - I'm pleased to say.
Come on now Colwyn, you live in Bristol, what football teams are anyone going to watch in Bristol, do you have any football teams in Bristol?  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 18:00:08 PM »
Don You have to accept you are in Turkey, and if Galatasary or Fenerbache are playing you will get that, the same if you are in England I-e Man Utd, Chelsea etc.    ;)

I accept that with the big games but some places have football on most nights, I know the sound is off but it's still a pain. I don't have a TV maybe that's why I find it a pain.   :)

DonM
That's fair comment Don, and I agree with you  it can be a pain, but  if that's how they can make some money, by attracting customers into their restaurant, bar etc, wouldn't you if you were in business.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf