Author Topic: Shanghai Blues  (Read 15698 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: Shanghai Blues
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »
Sorry Des - your avatar is a disguise. I recognised u at lunch from your previous one :

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2014, 14:49:22 PM »
Nice to meet you and Buddy today Steve, yes I thought it strange when you said you recognised me from my avatar, I had to change my other one as people were mistaken me for Scunner. lol.  ;)  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2014, 09:05:52 AM »
Well I will be honest on reflection I felt a bit guilty for saying about boycotting shanghai blues so we decided to have a takeaway but not get so many dishes as normal....
To be honest it was defo not up to their normal standard...the egg fried rice was as good as ever but the beef dish was absolutely not a very good quality of meat it was chewy and I had a horrible grizzly piece also...the prawn crackers and whilst I appreciate they come free with the meal were stale and as though they had been reheated, so from now on if we want a Chinese it will be from one of the Serkuls....

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2014, 13:07:20 PM »
We called in last night at about 8.45 for dinner.  i ordered a G.&.T. after a while was told there was no tonic.  So had a rum and coke.  Ordered two mains and a starter of prawn crackers and dip.  Mains arrived. We asked what happened to the starter?   They went off and got it, so we had starter with mains.  My main was satay chicken, but it just seems like chicken in a light sauce, not satay at all.   After the meal we asked for coffee.  Sorry, only nescafe... so we asked for Turkish coffee or cay... sorry only Nescafe.  We asked for the bill and when we left the waiters were all sitting at a table, we said goodnight, they just waved, no one came to shake hands... It seems they don't want the business of "eat in's"  So lots of other places to choose from..

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2014, 13:26:56 PM »
Lots of people on CBF have commented on the quality of food and service in different restaurants, and are quite willing to pay a bit more for service and quality if they enjoy it. but when a Restaurant increases its prices by 40% and the food and service goes downhill, they only have themselves to blame when people stop using it. :(

Offline quackers

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2014, 13:38:54 PM »
Had a take away from SB Calıs on Tuesday nıght and ıt was lovely. Prıces have gone up but ıt was a treat. Staff frıendly and chatty. Must have gone on a good night.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2014, 14:08:15 PM »
Always get my Donald Duck frozen from the pork shop 14tl kg on ave one costs about 35 /38 tl very good they are ,the new chicken shop on the right hand side going up to catalaric just before the bridge ,do cooked chicken nice salad with whole chillies in it and the best rice I have ever had for 10tl you couldn't cook it yourself for that money.  ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2014, 22:26:34 PM »
And this has something to do with Shanghai Blues because........?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf