Author Topic: the sat reataurant  (Read 10060 times)

Offline cheffy

Re: the sat reataurant
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 00:00:18 AM »
We went to sats four years ago and thought it was the best meal we'd had in calis, with excellent service and setting to boot, and I recommended it on the forum, and defended it against the criticism, how ever we went last year and were bitterly disappointed and wouldn't go back again , the food was awful and the service was worse, prices had gone up and on our anniversary with our daughters the it was truly awful
 ,and by the general consensus I won't go back again, but it's still a fantastic setting'!

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
The best thing about the sat apart from the vıew ,is there are no dogs there unlıke guvens living in a kennel. :(

Offline Ally B

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 16:14:42 PM »
Just come back from Guvens,been there three times since 19th May and the only dog there is Guvens dog Danni and she does not bother anybody.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 17:10:07 PM »
Lance must attract them :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 17:25:14 PM »
Only been to Sat once and being a Yorkshireman that was enough! 20ytl or something for a G&T  - and that was at the rate 3 years ago! Meal was OK but a bit bland and the service was a bit naff.

Other than that we enjoyed it  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 17:49:15 PM »
So the drink was too expensive, the food was bland, the service was naff, what was it you enjoyed Stoop?.   ???

Offline apollo

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 19:26:07 PM »
the response from the next poster.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 01:48:54 AM »
The view and the company  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 16:05:29 PM »

We like the sat. What people have said is fair but we have always had decent service. This year might be the year we don't.
Ok then ! Honest review from 3 days ago. Clearly it's changed hands. 14 of us turned up for lunch , scant interest shown , finally someone came and made an attempt at putting tables together. Finally seated we ordered and were told no electric when someone ordered a pizza. We weren't told however that it meant other items were limited such as no chips with sarnies etc. so , finally what came was very disappointing to say the least. Whilst we have learned now that what we enjoyed on a calis menu one year might be somewhat different another year we do expect the dish to be served resembling what has been advertised on the menu , not the case! If we had been greeted and advised of the utilities issues we could then have made a decision as to where to lunch. One of our party very quietly took the , if I'm honest , totally disinterested head waiter to one side and advised him of our dissatisfaction . Give him his due to rose up in our estimation by supplying 3 bottles of not inexpensive wine on the house. Credit where it's due that did go some way to making up our disappointment, but unless I hear otherwise it's off our list of must do's!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 16:59:52 PM »
This place seems to fluctuate from year to year. They are sitting on a pure gold mine. For God's sake, get it together ?? Listen to your customers!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf