Author Topic: Sundial  (Read 8492 times)

Offline Eric

Re: Sundial
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 17:18:30 PM »
We went to a wedding there last Tuesday.  I must say it was fantastic.  The setting, the organisation not to mention the good friends   ;).  Best wedding I have been to for a long time, in fact the best one since ours   ;)  ;) ;D ;D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 19:23:28 PM »
Six of us went Friday night pick up on time, service was very good, the food was at best average 2 had pomegranate chicken I had apricot chicken all 3 looked and tasted the same pieces of chicken in a brown bland sauce, the only difference between mine and the pomegranate was mine had 2 dried apricots in it.

Offline sadler

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 19:35:05 PM »
Really sorry to hear that! Sundial was our ab fab place for a special occasion with the sun set. Let's hope he gets his act together as a few bad critics can spell the death knell.  :(

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 19:54:36 PM »
I you told them mark these people have to be told so it doesnt happen again.  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 20:09:00 PM »
I you told them mark these people have to be told so it doesnt happen again.   ;)

.???

Offline sadler

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 20:10:57 PM »
Sorry my last post was meant to be several ?????,s.  Just trying to get used to this iPad which is doing my head in!!!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 20:48:54 PM »
I would now say my place of choice for a special meal would be the Ada.   When it was our wedding anniversary last year we rang the Sundial and book and mentioned it was our anniversary, also book a room.  When we arrived no one bothered with us and no one made any comments or welcomed us, as said the room at £50 was a disappointment.  The evening meal was fine, nothing special, no one said a word to us about our anniversary.  The next morning breakfast was "cold" and quiet.  We left without a goodbye.
So, booked the Ada for our Anniversary this year, Phil mentioned he was bringing me for an anniversary dinner.
We had a wonderful welcome, a beautifully decorated table, lots of attention, a lovely meal and a surprise cake with candles and sparklers, baked by the Chef at no cost.
What a total difference... Longing to get back there again. :D  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 20:53:43 PM »
Will have to try that one next year Jacqui if either one of us remembers, however must say that The Olive Garden ay Kabak left us with lovely memories!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 21:19:30 PM »
Yes, Lance is spot on. I know Murat very well and he would be mortified to know that you were unhappy with things. Give him another try and tell him about your previous experience.
And I'm puzzled JH whether you've had 3 at least wedding anniversary nights @ £50 a pop or are you being repetitive about just that one unfortunate experience ?

Offline sadler

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 21:45:27 PM »
Must say scorcher, if that is the way forward then yes he should be told. From my limited experience of two or three visits just to be there at sunset with a lovely meal with friends, I have always had a superb evening. In fact I would go as far as to say that the goose bumps came out!!! ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf