Author Topic: Sundial  (Read 8493 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Sundial
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 21:53:26 PM »
We have been 4 times in 2 years nice place but the food was average on all occasions.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »
I've only ever found it average too. And the staff have always been indifferent. I've always been expecting more as many people say what a fantastic host Murat is, and he's never spoken to us on any of our visits.

Drinks without ice in August always annoy me, and the advertised Nescafé is ghastly and when I queried it they admitted it's not actually Nescafe.
I couldn't drink it and exchanged it for a cold drink. Shame as I would definitely have had a couple more during the course of the day. Never understand the false economy of cheap nasty coffee.

Our family went the night before our wedding, my sister had been desperate to go, was fully booked last time she was over.
My mums spaghetti bolognaise in her words was completely tasteless, and dry, without any sauce and my brother in law kept comparing his chicken casserole to Mosaik bahces, as in no comparison.
Wanted to explain to them about mums spaghetti but she didn't want to make a fuss.
It's a fantastic venue, views to die for, prices aren't much different to anywhere else, but they can't just rely on that.
With the pool and the view I'm always surprised how empty it is in the daytime, as their lunch menu has always been very nice.

Offline WendyA

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 00:58:04 AM »
I had only been at lunchtime until this year. I had 2 friends staying with me and they wanted to take me out on our last night, so I rang up the Sundial. They wouldn't pick us up (sadly), but did send us back in a taxi with another couple.
Service was good and they moved our table to a better view when requested, but the food certainly was no better than average. One of my friends ordered a steak which he said was not hot and rather chewy. I'd have sent it back, but didn't want to 'rock the boat' as they were paying. Drinks were fairly priced, and setting spectacular.
However the wifi wasn't working, which also created an issue with credit card payment.
Will go back, but what a shame the food isn't a bit better!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 07:49:26 AM »

Can I ask why you will go back?   After that experience wild horses would not drag me back.   We decided not to bother going back after our experience.  There are places with much nicer food and also lovely views.  ;)

Offline WendyA

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »

Can I ask why you will go back?   After that experience wild horses would not drag me back.   We decided not to bother going back after our experience.  There are places with much nicer food and also lovely views.   ;)

I wouldn't go back with my partner, but I think I'd give it another chance with friends. The atmosphere was lovely and, once we were there, they did try hard with the service, I think. If we had no better food though, you are right, Jacqui, I wouldn't go again.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 14:33:30 PM »
i think they should at least get the red carpet out, i dont know how they have the nerve to charge average prices for average food with stunning views, what is the world coming too

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 17:17:18 PM »
     Where is Sundial.? Always like a pick up service.No stress of dolmus or expence of taxi and if hired a car no worry about drinking

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 19:29:23 PM »
Saga lout there is a post above explaining how to get there

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 19:49:57 PM »
Yes and keep in mind they will only pick up 4 or more people for free.
Also look at the Kings Garden who will pick you up for free with no rules. Lovely place, warm welcome, friendly staff, great food and fabulous views.  Also, entertainment on Saturday night.  Bonus, you can book here on CBF   ;)

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 20:04:39 PM »
we went to sundial for free transport with a group of 8

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf