Author Topic: The Ada Restaurant Sovalye Island  (Read 3239 times)

Offline tonysue

Re: The Ada Restaurant Sovalye Island
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
We went the other night, no special occasion just for the experience, and it was fabulous. Picked up from the landing stage sat end of calis beach at 7 pm, pilot took us all round the island and we were greeted by name at the little jetty. we dined on the roof to get the best view of the sunset, meal was lovely big meze plate to share, two of us had steak, the others had lamb chops and fish skewer and I had a pud. two bottles of  wine , 2 bottles of water and a few beers, or 6 and the bill was a little over 400 lira. Not as expensive as I thought it would be, dont have to remortgage the house when we get home. Oh and amaretto's on the house. You can go anytime day or night, they have a lovely little beach area with comfy sunbeds and they will pick you up if you want to spend the day there. The phone number is 0533 138 70 50

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 14:07:24 PM »
Discovered this island a few years ago,last year the resturant was being built but not completed went over twice a few weeks ago for breakfast 9 of us really nice the food just kept coming 4 hours later still there an decided to have a couple of beers 11 lira each but hey its not every day you pay that for a beer.And by the way having walked all over the island several times its worth it.Some old ruins beautiful flowers and butterflies great sandy beaches and hardly saw a sole.But had to ask a local for some water as i forgot to take some over, and as  theres no shops over there and it was so hot.Then, i went over on the little boat that takes the building materials over just used to give the guy a tip great fun.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 19:29:40 PM »

Discovered this island a few years ago,

It's fairly easy to discover, it's quite big and not far from Calis  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 20:18:06 PM »
We love it there,  ;D but a couple of years ago we went over and were the only ones there. This time we thought we might walk all around and explore the island. Great idea, but I had stupidly forgotten my water. It's not a huge island and we thought it might take about 20 minutes, but we got lost (go on laugh, I know it's tiny!). It took us well over an hour, by which time I really thought I might pass out. It was so airless and hot that day. This could have been a scene from a jungle film, lost, disoriented and gasping! M really thought I was about to expire. We seemed to have trecked around forever when suddenly we emerged at Ada. Phew! I've never been more relieved. Water guzzled, (followed by an ice cold Efes) was just like nectar.

Just to say really, never go out in the heat without a bottle of water each!  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf