Author Topic: the Starfish Restaurant and Bar.......Yaniklar  (Read 3641 times)

Offline grizabella

the Starfish Restaurant and Bar.......Yaniklar
« on: July 02, 2014, 14:23:08 PM »
Spent the day yesterday at this idylic spot.Was picked up in the mini bus by Recep at 10.45.Had a Turkish breakfast which included everything and more you would ask for.Then settled on one of the numerous sunbeds for the rest of the day.There are also several köşks on the beach,all kitted out with cushions and the like where you can rest up etc.The sea was a bit choppy yesterday for swimming but that didnt deter me,needed to do something to work off that huge breakfast.You are definately back to nature here.There are chickens.....with pompoms on their heads and fluffy feet,ducks, two very friendly dogs that dont bother you at your table,lovely gardens and if you're lucky in the evening you may just catch a glimpse of a turtle.I did when I was there on a night last week.If you want to spend a quiet day in idylic surroundings with no blaring music or charges for sunbeds and brollies,wonderful food, a jovial host.....Recep......look no further than the Starfish.Buses run to Yaniklar and its just a 10 min walk along the beach to your right or if there are a few of you Recep will arrange to pick you up in the mini bus.
Was brought home at 6pm absolutely shattered.Had forgotten how tiring it was just lying on a beach!Will definately do this again soon.

Offline cobbydalers

Re: the Starfish Restaurant and Bar.......Yaniklar
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 15:26:54 PM »
Sounds fantastic must try there soon ......very soon.  Is there a lunch snack menu. ?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 17:42:30 PM »
We had lunch there last week meatball casserole was excellent, Carole enjoyed stuffed Aubergine great chill out place average food prices, well worth a visit.
Mark

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 05:42:33 AM »
Tony let us know when you are going down there and we'll tag along! 8)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »
Went there last night and was surprised to see it was Recep from Bostons.  He said he has been open for 20days.
The meals, (chicken shish and chicken guveç)  were certainly value for money and very good sized portions.  His beer is 8tl, but you would expect that due to the location.
if you look on google earth, you will see a track that will take you direct to the Starfish.
Recep will supply transport for a 4 pers or more if you ring him on 05346622784.
There was only the wife and myself there, but at 9pm a Turkish family turned up for a meal, I think when word gets around, it could be a busy little place.
He has sunbeds, umbrellas and private Kösks for people eating and drinking there.

No I am not getting paid for this, I tell it as it is

Offline daveG

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 16:04:53 PM »
Certainly sounds up our street!! but then you only have to mention stuffed aubergine to make my mouth water!!!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 06:10:16 AM »
sadly Recep has now left this establishment after differences with the management :(

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
is this place far from Olu Deniz? sounds really good

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
Yes it is Scott but Recep has gone.. Doubt very much if it is worth a visit now.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »
I have known this place for many years as my friend has a villa near by but earlier this year i was shown another little gem very near by,as you come up to yaniklar where you would turn left towards the tuna majestic hotel which runs along the river.Then turn right instead along a small dirt road heading inland along the river and you will come to a lovely small holding which serves as a resturant etc it looks likes a typical turkish home.Nine of us went there in april and the breakfast was fantastic,they will also do evening bbqs and provide transport for you if theres 4to6 people.The tables and chairs are in the cool water of the flowing river when its very hot so you are eating your food sitting in the river fantastic and very different.The family are lovely and very welcoming we also had a tour of there home and grounds which was vast.Im sorry but i do not know the name of this place but do try to check it out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf