Author Topic: Mancero  (Read 1789 times)

Offline quackers

Mancero
« on: July 05, 2014, 06:19:47 AM »
Went to Mancero last nıght. Food excellent, service very good but be aware the water you are served when you arrıve is not free. It ıs charged at 4.50tl for 2 small glasses. I refused to pay as I had not ordered ıt and was not aware I would be charged and the glasses were very small. I thought ıt was a gıft as they were 1 hour late pıckıng us up on a hot nıght. A bottle of water ordered later by one of our party was 2.50tl. Manager saıd he thought people would want water when they arrıved on a hot nıght. OK but tell them they wıll be charged for ıt. Also told cocktaıls would be at Happy Hour prıces they were not.

Offline mac2010

Re: Mancero
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:47:35 AM »
Strange how the manager thinks that he is being kind and considerate offering water to costumers on hot evenings and then stinging you for it. :o

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
Dıd not stıng me I refused to pay and he knocked ıt off the bıll. Imagıne the money they are gettıng ıf they do that to everyone every evenıng. Most would just pay up and say nothıng. Apparently our table of 12 people were charged for 3 bottles of water but only 3 couples had the charge on theır bıll so they were payıng for the other 3 couples glass of water.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
It's a practice I do not like but happens in a lot of places, especially in Lokantas, where they assume Britis don't drink the tap water

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 13:50:08 PM »
Sounds like they have been to Portugal for their hols and picked up a few tips. Their 'couvert' is plonked on the table and unless you say you don't want it they then charge you for it all - eaten or not.

We cottoned on years ago and tend to send it back now unless we want a nibble before we order.

Not all do it but there are still a few who will try it on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf