Author Topic: Entertainment in Caliş  (Read 5661 times)

Offline kaptainkrunchie

Re: Entertainment in Caliş
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »
Calis has come a long way since Dennis Davey... Vojos not my scene but Looking by the amount of customers they get it is somebody's...

I liked Dennis.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 18:11:17 PM »
We loved him  Lovely man,  He would be the first to admit not a great singer but he did fill The Orient every week and he was such a great supporter of The 3 cs charity.  Always said yes when asked to do yet another event for them.  He used to bring an entourage with him who were very good singers. We had some great nights at Café Soul with him... He is still working in The UK....

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:35 AM »
Calis has come a long way since Dennis Davey... Vojos not my scene but Looking by the amount of customers they get it is somebody's...

I liked Dennis.
Anne when you say Vojo's is not your scene what do you mean.
Six of us went last night all had excellent food, very good service, a duet singing in English, when they had finished late on a mix of karaoke and dancing a very enjoyable evening.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 11:06:39 AM »
I like a wee bit of entertainment now and again on holiday but hope Calis doesn't become like Marmaris or Gumbet. 
When we were over in June I felt that a few of the restaurants were getting a bit loud, even during mealtimes which I hate :(  The thought of the whole of the prom competing against one and other to have the loudest music fills me with dread

Dear Anne   :)

We dont play music until 10 pm because usually by then meal service is finish,tables all cleared out and people ready to listen some good old tunes and watch others sing along or dance. for example Penny Arcade  ;D

....and you sing it so well Volkan  ;D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 16:41:16 PM »
I am pleased you enjoyed it Mark... We were sitting next door to Vojos when we came over and the music and noise coming from there was so loud that we  couldnt hold a conversation with our friends. Maybe it was unfortunate that there was a hen party in there screeching all night. We have only eaten there once but we didn't enjoy it..Sorry...They can't suit everyone...I know it is a popular spot so they won't miss us two.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf