Author Topic: Muzzy's Place, Kaya Koy  (Read 3005 times)

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
Muzzy's Place, Kaya Koy
« on: August 24, 2014, 01:29:13 AM »
We had a fantastic time here this evening, we arranged a pickup (I can't believe how easy it was, it's a bit daunting at first when you don't speak Turkish, isn't it?) We couldn't have been made more welcome, the children used the pool for hours, we got to explore the village ruins as the sun went down, and returned for a fantastic meal, we all so enjoyed everything we ate, delicious! (And drank, that Ancora wine is very nice!) Thank you to the search facility and previous posters about Muzzy's, we wouldn't have known.about  it otherwise.  :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Muzzy's Place, Kaya Koy
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 01:47:37 AM »
I had the best, and biggest, serving of liver and onions at Muzzy's a few years back, on our first visit, ( not our last, ) and our friends ordered lamb chops, and had the fright of their lives when their meal arrived, it was the biggest plate of chops ever !!
Muzzy has been a friend of ours ever since, and we like to stop there when we are passing through Kaya. What we don't like is the fact that tourists are forced to pay to walk through the ruined village, it used to be free, but now it has become like most things in Turkey, pay up, or go away !!

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:08:03 AM »
I didn't mind an entrance fee, bit of a bargain really and hopefully goes to a good cause! What a place! Some places just feel good for your soul, don't they, and Kaya is one, I think. I'm still buzzing from my visit (and the wine must have worn off by now!)  :)

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:29:30 AM »
Excellent reviews Rachel.  Such a change from some of the negative reviews we sometimes get (probably with good reason).   :)

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 19:36:15 PM »
Is Muzzys Place the name of a restaurant in Kaya and can someone give a review ?   :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 00:30:30 AM »
Yes it is a restaurant in Kaya and these were reviews.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Muzzy's Place, Kaya Koy
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:51:22 AM »
Muzzy has a lovely swimming pool that visitors are welcome to use, really lovely after a hot stroll around the village.
Great menu and reasonable prices.
There are a few hotel rooms too if anyone wants to have a holiday there, or short break or just an overnight stay.
I first met him on my first trip to Turkey in 1994 and stayed there for holidays every year after, and he calls me his older sister    :)
a great place to spend time.
He also does pick ups, not sure if there's a minimum number of people needed.

0252 618 0264 or 05325992779

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 22:32:43 PM »
We've stayed at Muzzy's, what a fantastic time we had too, free pick up from Calis, good food, very very large portions, my hubby's steak was as big as the plate. We stayed for 3 nights in comfortable rooms with aircon, used the pool all day too and on top of that he stocks a nice range of wines.

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »
Muzzy has a lovely swimming pool that visitors are welcome to use, really lovely after a hot stroll around the village.

I completely agree, my kids had a great time on the little slides into the pool, playing with some little Turkish children. Very easy to keep an eye on little ones from your table, too. It was my favourite day of the whole holiday  :)

Offline WendyA

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:40:10 AM »
Not sure exactly where Muzzy's Place is within the village. Can someone advise?  I love Cin Bal, but would like to give Muzzy a try sometime. Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf