Author Topic: Guven Restaurant  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Guven Restaurant
« on: August 29, 2014, 21:49:04 PM »
Guven and Carole's restaurant has always been one of our favourite haunts. A lovely laid-back, relaxing establishment away from the prom, run by lovely people.

But the reason for the post is to highlight that they have just hosted a Kid's Pirate Party.

Of course I wasn't there and so cannot comment with any authority on how successful it was, but the number of smiling faces would suggest that it was yet another hugely successful event hosted by two very hard working people.

This, as Guven regulars will know, is not an one-off event.  Guven and Carole regularly host charity events to help the local people of Calis. They also sell 3C's calendars which also helps local children.

Only a suggestion, but why not take a leisurely walk down and a spend some time with these lovely people.

PS If that sounded like an advert scunner - it might well have been   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Guven Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 21:57:30 PM »
A kid's pirate party. I'll let you off the advert, which I assume was for places best avoided by grumpy gits like me  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 22:08:07 PM »
As you know. my memory is not what it once was, but my recollection of Guven's restaurant was being on the corner (long since demolished) with only a couple of tables outside. Hamburgers to die for.

Sign outside read "All drinks free - tomorrow"

PS scunner the royalties are rolling in. Should we discuss terms   :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:15:49 PM »
It was the Mummies and babies group who are a wonderful group of young women...  They organize lots if days out together, coffee mornings, play and craft days and are very welcoming to new Mums moving into the area.. They also help out the battered wives refuge,  providing clothes for the kids. Etc.. They also got together to see that every child in there at Xmas got a brand new toy each... They have also collected for various things like Syria's refugees... Given that a lot if them are not exactly well off I think they are amazing... Bee and I had the pleasure of organizing a Halloween party for them and it was a fantastic day.. They now organize their own Xmas parties Halloween etc... It is a pleasure to know them... It is such a good thing for other Mums not to be lonely in the area which now includes Ovacik etc.etc

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 13:23:35 PM »
I can only endorse what Highlander has posted. Lovely couple and well worth seeking out!

My mate Jim and I first met Guven when the ladies sent us over to buy our property back in 2003. He kept us watered and fed most of the weekend and kept telling us he was Dustin Hoffman's double. In fact after about 10 Efes he does seems to have a resemblence  ;)

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 15:03:44 PM »
Yesterday my 10 year old said Oh no, we're going to miss Guven's pirate party! He and his little brother found an X marking the spot on our last day, and asked why it was there. They were ever so upset to discover they'd be missing a party!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf