Author Topic: Just Saying Hello  (Read 4158 times)

Offline HotandFlustered

Just Saying Hello
« on: October 26, 2014, 13:31:16 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm Hotandflustred, originally from Inverness in Scotland but been living in Istanbul for the last 12 years.

I have been to the Fethiye area many times and would settle there in a heartbeat... unfortunately my wife disagrees and she's the boss (I know my place). I work away from home for half the year and my wife wants to stay near her family for when I’m away, fair doo’s

Anyway, Been thinking about getting a second property in the area. I always wanted to be close to the sea but a place that I never really knew about before but have been looking at over the last few days, Uzumlu looks lovely.

Anyone with knowledge of the area please butt into this thread!!!

Also if anyone knows off good builders Butt in!!!

I found this site yesterday after doing a google search, you guys have been giving out some good info to people. I read one thread that ran for a long time about Tapu and building paper. Many of you were very concerned for the individual involved and I like the sense of community.

Other than my own housing issues that I hope to get info on, I hope to take part in many other discussions and topics.

And maybe even meet some new friends along the way!

Offline Bluwise

Re: Just Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 13:45:10 PM »
Hello and welcome - (interesting name  :o )  Look forward to your posts.

Offline sadler

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 14:34:19 PM »
Hi Hotandflustered.  If your handle describes you mood, then the sooner you move to Fethiye the better, then you will be able to chill.  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 17:12:06 PM »
Welcome to CBF Hotandflustered  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 18:09:03 PM »
Welcome HotandFlustered.

We have lived in Dingwall since '73 and I continue to work in Inverness.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 18:48:25 PM »
hi and a warm welcome loved your post

Offline HotandFlustered

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:13:44 AM »
Thanks for saying hello everyone. Nice to find a fellow Highlander on here, do you also have a property here or do you visit from time to time Highlander? Oh and if you don't mindsaying on a forum.....where do you work in Inverness?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 06:55:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum HotandFlustered, you will find loads of useful information here.   I too am a highlander from Ullapool and you will find many other Scots on the forum.

Fethiye and surrounding area is just beautiful.  Fethiye being a working town stays open all year so there is always something to do and places to go even in the winter. There are many groups here including a Young Mother & Children group where your wife could make friends.

Uzumlu, as you say is lovely, but cold and pretty dead in the winter. A car is essential as the dolmuses are few and finish early.

Calis is very popular with many ex pats living there.  A lot of the local charities are based there and there are loads of events going on all year.  Calis is much warmer than Uzumlu or Ovacik in the winter and gets the sun for much longer.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Offline HotandFlustered

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 08:22:35 AM »
Marggie,

Thanks for the info, TBH i know my family would be a lot happier if we were more central and it’s probably the choice I will go for. I can do my thing and my wife can go to Kipa. (She loves the place).

p.s I took my wife and son up to Ullapool in the “Summer”. We bought some overpriced goods from the woollen shops at the front.

Other than that I love it up that way, what a brilliant view from the waterfront!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 19:07:28 PM »

[/quote]
Thanks for saying hello everyone. Nice to find a fellow Highlander on here, do you also have a property here or do you visit from time to time Highlander? Oh and if you don't mindsaying on a forum.....where do you work in Inverness?

HandF - I work for a private firm of Quantity Surveyors in the town.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf