Author Topic: All change at the Sundial  (Read 11221 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: All change at the Sundial
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 08:51:07 AM »
O.K.  Thank you guys for your kind remarks.  :)   Anyway to join my fan club is easy.  Please just go to the thread. The Twelve Days of Christmas (if you have not done so already) and make a donation.    ;) ;D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 11:40:01 AM »
Excellent suggestion Jacqui and thank you for the bump   ;)    :)   ;)

Here's a link to make it even easier  :)

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=56864.0;topicseen

Offline Jasonorris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2015, 18:01:55 PM »
I've always loved the sundial. Great views and decent food, pretty friendly as well. I've never stayed in the chalets but have heard they disappoint.

Still I'm looking forward to a steak and sunset, I hope the change doesn't have a negative impact.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 07:54:54 AM »
Been to the sundial a number of times over the past ten years and although I'm sure Murat is a nice bloke, I wouldn't know him if I fell over him.....nor could I tell you the name of any of the staff....and we scousers will talk to and befriend anyone!! .  Love the place....unfortunately not the food or service. only ever return now for the views and pool....and on the occasions that we have given it a "second chance" and hoped that the experience with the food and staff might have improved ... Unfortunately not. I wish them all best for their future but personally can't wait for Erol to take over, having only ever had wonderful experiences of food and service at the Seabreeze. Just our opinion.... ;)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 09:41:13 AM »
Been there a number of times when visiting friends suggest they'd like to go, so I have got the got the t shirt.  Mind you I have got to say I am not sure what the fascination is with the place, yes the bay looks lovely, but you have to look across what looks like a million - and growing - ugly rooftops to see it.  If you want a better view from on high then I think the rooftop bar on top of the building overlooking the new Calis prom and water features and near to McDonalds is far, far better.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:48 AM »
Sue as a fellow Scouser I agree,  I did try conversations with the staff and the owner and found them very cold and unfriendly.  I think having a lovely place with a great view is not enough, it needs to have an owner and staff with personality. 
Looking at the successful  restaurants in the area, they are all run by friendly people with good personalities who look after their customers.  Examples,  Mosaic Bahce, The Kings Garden, Georges.   I am sure we could name many more. 
I am really looking forward to returning to the Sundial as great staff would complete the circle for us.

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »
I hope the management bring some improvements to the food that I've found to be average. More than that, PLEASE change the music played when the sun goes down. Very cheesy, loud and repetitive,to the extent I couldn't stand it any more!  Looking forward to a visit in July  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf