Author Topic: Villa painting  (Read 10171 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Villa painting
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 15:36:26 PM »
As important as a good painter is, all of his " expertise " can be for nothing if you do not have a top quality paint . Many ex-pats have painting done, and later find that the " painter " has used much cheaper internal paint on the exterior of the property, first shower of rain, and your new
 paint is doing a very decorative job of your paths !!!!  Personally, I would go no farther than Mehmet Hira, an brilliant guy who speaks almost perfect English, does a great job of ANYTHING that he puts his hands to, and, cleans up afterwards !!!!

I also used to make sure that I was given " Son fiyat ", final price, before agreeing any work . Just sayin' .

Offline Steve A

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 16:14:46 PM »
I have used All Aspects recently for painting and various repairs.They did a great job,very thorough ,rubbing down,filling,etc all outside painting with weatherproof paint,gloss on metalwork,varnish on woodwork.No spillage or mess.Painting was about what you have been quoted which I found very reasonable considering the standard of the work

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 19:11:03 PM »
As important as a good painter is, all of his " expertise " can be for nothing if you do not have a top quality paint . Many ex-pats have painting done, and later find that the " painter " has used much cheaper internal paint on the exterior of the property, first shower of rain, and your new
 paint is doing a very decorative job of your paths !!!!  Personally, I would go no farther than Mehmet Hira, a brilliant guy who speaks almost perfect English, does a great job of ANYTHING that he puts his hands to, and, cleans up afterwards !!!!

I also used to make sure that I was given " Son fiyat ", final price, before agreeing any work . Just sayin' .

Offline WendyA

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 00:28:59 AM »
Thanks very much, everyone, for all the advice...

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 07:09:11 AM »
Does anyone have the contact details for Bayrams brother?

It's quite acceptable here to buy all the paint etc yourself saving on any hidden mark up and guaranteeing the quality.

Offline busybee

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 07:16:36 AM »
Wendy will put our painters number on later this afternoon, in a bit of a rush.  They were excellent and 11 of my friends used them.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 09:27:11 AM »
I agree with Gordon re quality paint,last time we had ours done was 8 years ago but with good paint.AA have used the same stuff,expensive but worth it.
I also agree with the comments re Mehmet as he did our interior,quick,no mess,good job and very reasonable

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 16:38:30 PM »
Mehmet uses top quality materials. He has done internal for us as well.
If we have been doing anything ourselves he has got us the paint at cost.Also always leaves us with touch up etc
Quite honestly though we wouldnt pick up a paint brush here again, not when he doea such a good job, is totally trustworth etc

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 16:45:44 PM »
Looks like All Aspects prices are as a good as their driving ...... alright, alright only just saying.   ;)

On the substantive question I had my triplex villa done by Bayram's brother a couple of years ago 1700TL, including ironwork. Nice job, but I think he may have been a little dearer than he needed to be, so I'd say on todays prices (and paint has gone up in the last couple of years) 1700 to 2000TL would be reasonable, which I think is confirmed by Saga Louts post,  But you can get it done cheaper, as Lance suggests.  But Lance did the 900TL include paint?
    yes paint included but no railings done i did those.

Offline busybee

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 17:51:56 PM »
Wendy the painters name is Ahmet and his no is 0533 930 8844. Him and partner do an excellent job, no mess whatsoever, they do what is says on the tin.  They work hard and don't want to keep stopping for tea breaks.  When they finished our 3 storey villa, they kept going out to the road and looking.  They decided to paint our double wrought iron gate as they felt it let the the whole effect down.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf