Author Topic: Mancero Review  (Read 10320 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Mancero Review
« on: June 09, 2015, 22:40:03 PM »
Review of Mancero

Firstly got menus waited for a drink 6 waiters but no one asked us.  I waived to a waiter to ask after we had sat for ages.
After 5 minutes another waitress asked us if we wanted a drink, we said we had ordered. Eventually got drink.
Ordered meal.  Whilst waiting noticed three people on another table complaining about steak they had.  In fact the waiter removed one steak.  The lady declined another.  After this, a man in this party got his steak replaced. It looked really chewy and the man seemed to be fighting his way through it.
Got starter very nice and of course had ordered main course. Waiter took starter plates away and asked if we wanted anything else.  We told him we had already ordered.  Main course arrived.  It was fine nothing out of the ordinary.  Waited a long time after we finished 5 waiters just standing around. Had to call one across to order coffees. 
This restaurant was double to price of a place in Calis. 
So comparing Calis, service is quicker in Calis, food is constantly good, never seen meals sent back.  Waiters always ask if you want another drink or something else. Calis Waiters are more attentive.  Bonus in Calis, I love cloth napkins, none in the Mancero
So taking all into focus.  Calis Restaurant would do it for us, with less price, less fuss, great views. 
Why go to Fethiye when we have Calis ?.

Offline devindazzle

Re: Mancero Review
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:53:28 AM »
Really, you should be saying compared to the Mancero, we prefer Calis.  You can't use your experience at one restaurant to judge the rest of them...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
I think I know exactly what I am saying thank you.
I am merely saying that the Manerco was nice, but as you have not been a member for long you will not know that a lot of members  say you have to go to Fethiye for the best meals and a lot of them do go to Fethiye to eat.   I am now saying you don't.  Calis is just as good IMHO.
We have eaten at the Mancero before and the Matisse,Deniz Yildizi etc.,  and a lot of the others along the Kordon.  We have also eat at places in Fethiye away from the Kordon, such as the  Yacht Classic , Megri, etc.,over the years So, I am not basing this on just one experience.   Fethiye used to be the place to eat, but i now think Calis has really caught up. 

Offline mac2010

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »
I have to agree with jac's. Manchero has been one of our fav's for for ages but the other week 9 of us went there and the service was very slow in fact it took 30 mins to get the first drinks on the table.The waiters never seemed very interested in our group and we had to keep getting there attention to order refills. Starters came after 1 hour which was very tasty king prawns in garlic x 9 .Another 50 mins passed and our mains arrived 9 x steak's all aged and cooked various degrees again had to go and get waiter to order further drinks,this time I spoke to the head waiter and made it very clear the service was not up to their norm and I was getting tired of chasing after them.All steaks done perfectly but the roasted veg and potatoes could do with a few extra pieces as the portion was tiny. As it was a celebration I did not let it ruin the day and we all had a great day and we brought out own cake so no puddings but we had Turkish coffee's On the whole food good service painfully slow. Value for money(no) at 1300tl and they even tried to charge us for the coffee which is normally complimentary . I think next time Motto's or Casa Da Mamma's.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 10:40:03 AM »
To redress the balance, I recently went to Mancero with a party of 10 for a celebration and couldn't fault the place.
Both the food and service were absolutely excellent and they made a real fuss of the birthday boy.

It's not somewhere I would visit regularly as we usually cook at home and have our own local favourites when we do go out, but based on my evening there I would certainly recommend it; I didn't think the prices were excessive for that kind of restaurant on the Kordon.

Everywhere has 'off' days and people have different tastes; I've been to several places that have received rave reviews on this forum but which, in my view, offered indifferent or even bad food/value for money/service. Unless somewhere consistently gets terrible reviews, I'd always try it for myself.

Obviously Mac and Jacqui didn't have good experiences, which is a shame, but I wouldn't necessarily let that put me off if I hadn't been there before.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 14:26:00 PM »
We also went for lunch this week and had the same slow service.   Took ages to get a waiter to come over. Then after 10 minutes called another waiter and asked him. Eventually got our drinks, ordered lunch.  That took a long time to bring too.  It is bafflng when they seem to have so many staff.
It is more expensive than a lot of other restaurants and so, I would expect great service, which has not been given twice now.   However, compared to the U.K. the prices are cheap.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 15:26:11 PM »
Damn i will have to stop going to fethiye now that Mancero is Rubbish.

Offline IanK

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 18:01:50 PM »
We went last week - only 2 of us but we had a great meal (we both had the fillet steak) and good service.

Our waiter actually apologised for being a bit slow (although we hadn't noticed) as they were a few staff short that evening.

We moved tables during the evening as it was getting a bit too windy but that didn't seem to cause a problem.

We went a couple of times last year and will definitely return again.

Ian

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 20:11:24 PM »
I went last year and thought the steaks were tough :(.I went this year and thought the steaks were tough :(
I wont be going next year ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 20:14:13 PM »
We fancied a nice sirloin last year but couldn't have one. The chef is really short at Mancero and the steaks were too high.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf