Author Topic: Completion day  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
Completion day
« on: September 06, 2015, 20:30:28 PM »
Hi guys,
Can anyone explain to me exactly what happens on the title deed transfer day.
I have a large cash sum to pay after we transfer so just wondered what we walk away with. I know you have to wait for the land registry which can take several weeks.
I'm sure this will all be explained to me nearer the time by our solicitor but like everyone I guess I'm a bit nervous about it all.
Would be grateful if those in the know can explain please.
I just want to be sure that the property will be mine before I hand over the remaining funds.
Many thanks

Offline quackers

Re: Completion day
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:47:01 AM »
There wıll be an ındependant translator there lookıng after your ınterests. If he ıs not there ask for one. You should walk away wıth your Tapu meanıng your property belongs to you. Make sure ıt has a cross ın the lıvıng permıssıon box. ANy questions wrıte them down and ask the translator before you sign dont be rushed.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
Thank you quackers I appreciate that

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »
I have a large cash sum to pay after we transfer so just wondered what we walk away with. I know you have to wait for the land registry which can take several weeks.

If the military permission has been applied for, and granted, you'll walk away with the Tapu - however, if it hasn't you'll walk away with a receipt for your money. 

I just want to be sure that the property will be mine before I hand over the remaining funds.

It's only yours when you have the Tapu.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »
Just make sure you have living permission too. The authorities are cracking down on anyone without it.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 12:58:30 PM »
Thank you everyone, I guess I knew the answers so just needed the reassurance.

We will have military clearance beforehand, have habitation licence so just wanted to check if I get Tapu put in my hand !

I will have my English speaking lawyer with me who is power of attorney but think I want to sign Tapu myself, is there a translator available there or do I need to organise beforehand ?

Many thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf