Author Topic: Honestly please!  (Read 18315 times)

Offline Hamlet

Re: Honestly please!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 19:29:55 PM »
Not rec'd, try sending again  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 21:23:18 PM »
Keith, I'm sure that I didn't state that everyone had made derogatory remarks.
I do know your personal thoughts on living in Uzumlu and respect them.

Thank you.

I don't see other villages being slagged off like Üzümlü is.

It really does get quite tedious and I can understand why there have been no other members commenting on this post.

But that was my point actually - if anyone says a word to criticise Uzumlu people from Uzumlu come and ask why always Uzumlu, leave us alone etc - but when (like now) someone wants to know what it's like to live there, nobody helps.

Now a cynical person might draw from this, that Uzumlu members only post when there's a chance to appear defensive and picked on. As you know, I am not a cynical person  ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 22:06:30 PM »
Hamlet.
You don't see other villages slagged off. ??   Get to the back of the queue.

Try owning a property in Hisaronu.  Periodically all the mud dwellers from Calis and Fetulism
lay siege to the beautiful "hamlet" of Hisaronu, hordes of them, muttering all manner of insults,
and hateful remarks, primative buggers. It doesn't prevent me from posting about Hisaronu
and helping other members with queries about the place. Stand up for the place you love and sod em'      ;) 

Keith, that last line was ever so slightly erm, cynical. !!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 23:08:19 PM »
Gawd who cares really who lives where who owns where etc...
Im looking at the Uzumlu thread as get this im considering a move from Calis to Uzumlu  :)for no other reason apart from my wants and needs have changed since buying in Calis nine years ago and i now love the idea of solitude and peace...
So if anyone has a good price property they want to sell please pm me  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 23:09:17 PM »
Inbox overload alert  ;)

Offline Karabag

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 13:14:51 PM »
I live in Uzumlu but rarely use this forum and when I do it's usually charity based hence the late reply.

We moved here 18months ago from the Bodrum area, we moved here as where we lived (Turgutreis) got so busy and was too overcrowded for us. We don't live in the village we're a couple of kilometres out of the village. We have found the locals who live here very accepting of us, they are so friendly and always have time for a chat even when they are out herding their goats and sheep. There is more than enough for us to do in the village, we use all of the bars and restaurants and have been made welcome by the owners and the expats who frequent them. There are plenty of little markets open until late evening, we can even buy bacon and sausages here   ;) There's a barber, a market and a taxi all owned by the same man Ramazan   :) I use the local hairdresser, the local pharmacy and post office as I try to support the village as much as possible, we did have a petrol station here until recently but unfortunately it's no longer open. There are lots of different groups in the village for you to get involved with, line dancing, animal charity, knitting and crocheting, walking, hiking, children's charity etc I support them al, when they have charity evenings but I don't feel I'm expected to go along but again get a lovely welcome from whoever is running the evening.

It's colder in the winter but we keep warm with our wood burner and oil filled radiators in the bathrooms.

We absolutely love living here its definitely the place for us and actually some of our friends from Bodrum who have also sold up and followed us down here   :)

Offline Chilliport

• Newly Registered
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 16:50:52 PM »
I've just read the later posts on here. I am sorry if I've caused a war but grateful for all advice received and the messages received separately.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 17:09:13 PM »
You didn't cause a war - that started years ago  ;)

You did ask for honest answers, I think we delivered. I'd say just decide what is best for you - if you love Uzumlu go for it. Some people love Uzumlu. Some don't. As you have read :D

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »
Hamlet.

Re-sent   :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »

To send or not to send, that is the question.    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf