Author Topic: wher are the schools??  (Read 9275 times)

Offline amanda

wher are the schools??
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2005, 12:12:24 PM »
thanks for that, great info.

amanda,

Offline Slim147

wher are the schools??
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 11:24:08 AM »
hey mum (scsareylady)  

you didn't tell me that they were actually going to buy the house!! thats great news now we've just got to get me sorted because we need all my things from school and a letter from my head teacher or something.

talk to you soon

love you
slim x x x

Offline Slim147

wher are the schools??
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 11:30:52 AM »
oops i meant scareylady lol

Offline leeds utd

wher are the schools??
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 12:47:57 PM »
There are several schools in the area if you put schools in the search you will get some info or if you contact me via e mail i will try to help. this is covered well on the fethiye times. good luck

Offline cas

wher are the schools??
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 14:52:25 PM »
HI, I too am thinking of moving to Turkey, Calis, to be with my turkish boyfriend and his family, no date set, or YEAR yet.. loads still to think about, school is my number one priority for my 3 children, ages 9,10, and 13 . maybe as my partner lives close to the market, it wud be good to get to know some other english parents, children, . taking the children out of english school here, and giving them private turkish lessons, good idea, but is that all they wud do, just learn turkish? no other education, maybe i cud home teach, how do i go about the education thing, i am so not in the know, need lots of help from english people who have done,doing the same thing,,,HELP PLEASE!!!

Offline tracey1398

wher are the schools??
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 17:31:57 PM »
i have 11 year old and 15 year old ive been here 2 years   11 year old settled nice and is nearly fluent but big regrets with 15 year old the school work is too much even with the basic turkish he had with private tutor he had at beginning has now left school but i still dont regret bringing him here to get him off the streets of london ...if you want to meet us when you get here just email me :)

Offline cas

wher are the schools??
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 21:44:40 PM »
HI Tracey, thanks for the reply, you say that u moved there 2 years ago, and your 11 year old is nearly fluent, wow.. my eldest is nearly 13, and has looked at the downloaded language thing i got address for off here, and has had a go, but it is hard, 10 year old has amazed me, he has picked it up rather quickly, Who did you use for thier tutor, have been told about a ROSIE. how much were the lessons, and were they done in the home? Yeah we are returning in December to be with partner and family for xmas, will e,mail you, partners home isnt far from sunday ,market he often plays pool with his children in the cafe opposite, so he can go on line and talk to me by phone, . Wud it be ok to ask you any other questions on here/email as i dont really have a friend in turkey who is english and has done the same as what i want to do, ?? Thanks Cas

Offline Rustythecat

wher are the schools??
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 07:52:54 AM »
Why don't you talk to Karen from Karens Kardz her daughter is more turkish than the locals she has been in school here for 7 years but now at college and looking to go to police academy in the next 2 years

Offline cas

wher are the schools??
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 02:10:53 AM »
i wud appreciate talking to any one, who has done, doing the same as me and the children..how did your children react to moving to turkey, my eldest has said, he'll miss his mates...and top gear...
typical boy...top gear indeed!!! lol   xx

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »
Hi all

we moved over two years ago shannon was 10 and spokeabout three words of turkish I spoke fluent turkish I spent the firs year home educating her here which I used to do in England  and the placed her in our local government school here in gunlukbasi and have never looked bck sheis top of the clas and beat all her Turkish class mates in Tukish:D

Its been hard at times but hey nothing worth having comes easy so feel free to email me if you want a chat :)

Mary

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf