Author Topic: Important Information about driving licence  (Read 28466 times)

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: Important Information about driving licence
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2016, 13:32:51 PM »
Finally managed to get my licence. It was hiding upstairs at the otogar PTT, according to the tracking system it arrived Fethiye on Saturday and was on a delivery round yesterday (Monday) but no show. So the 15 day covering letter was 4 days short.

There were a few other licences and what looked like residency envelopes in the can't be bothered delivering box.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2016, 20:37:58 PM »
Jim, got my text message to say it's arrived and will be delivered soon!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2016, 13:23:58 PM »
Final update on getting my drivers licence...

I got a text message to say it was in Fethiye exactly 14 days after I submitted my application. I waited a few days before going to Fethiye PTT by the otogar. They checked the reference number on the text message on the computer and said it had been sent to Hisaronu PTT.

I decided to wait for a few more days to see if they actually delivered it but they didn't so a week later I went to the PTT and it was there on the counter waiting for me. I opened it there to check all the details were correct and the staff all had a good look and discussion about it too.

Anyway, just to add I'm glad I did it straight away because, as Inspector flagged up elsewhere and Wordbird also referred to it earlier in this topic you also now need to provide proof of education and it has to be translated and notorised adding more expense, time and effort getting said proof.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2016, 13:37:16 PM »
A link that isn't actually that helpful about how to get copies of your certificates if you don't already still have the originals.

https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2016, 14:12:13 PM »
Not a cheap process. Circa £40 for copy plus translation and Notary fees - skywards of £100 in total I reckon.

I'm sure there's a moral somewhere in there...

JF

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2016, 09:13:21 AM »
Not a cheap process. Circa £40 for copy plus translation and Notary fees - skywards of £100 in total I reckon.

I'm sure there's a moral somewhere in there...

JF

I'm beginning to think the moral is "sell your bloody car and go back to the dolmuş".  :(
No idea where my exam certificates are - never needed them in 30 years - no idea which exam board/s they were with and my old school/college no longer exists.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2016, 09:18:49 AM »
Assuming you went to school in England, its likely that it'll be: http://www.aqa.org.uk/

JF

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2016, 09:24:11 AM »
Assuming you went to school in England, its likely that it'll be: http://www.aqa.org.uk/

JF

No idea but I guess I could start with them. I did a combination of O levels and the short-lived and ill-fated 16+, plus a couple of RSAs.

Just a thought, actually....does anyone know if it has to be proof of secondary education at age 16 or can it be higher level? Even though the places I studied for my A levels and journalism qualifications both closed some years ago, the NCTJ is still going and I might be able to get records from them.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2016, 09:30:57 AM »
If you've got an RSA qualification then its: http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/lost-certificates/

As far as I'm aware it's high school education, or above.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf