Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 6841 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomas Cook
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 22:24:58 PM »
Jeez mate I don't have the energy to list (in my opinion) the reasons for this particular slump - there's just so many different factors coming in to play.

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 22:25:10 PM »
They must like what you offer    ;)

Hehe - edited from "my offers" to "me offers"  :)

Offline buddy

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 22:31:43 PM »
Just had an email from Thomas Cook Airlines to tell me that our flight from Newcastle on Friday May 6th has been cancelled and changed to Monday 9th. What a f@@king liberty, took three days of my holiday. I'll be ringing tomorrow to cancel and demand a refund.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 22:40:30 PM »
You're not the first and you wont be the last.  This season is shaping up to be one of the worst for Turkey in recent years.

I seem to recall 2003, immediately subsequent to the invasion of Iraq, being particularly bad but picking up a bit later in the year - or maybe it's just my raki frazzled memory playing up  :)

JF

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 00:38:27 AM »
I had a email this afternoon informing me that TCook had changed the day of our flight out to Turkey Due to them withdrawing many flights this summer. I'd spent ages carefully working out the dates so that we could spend 89 days in Turkey. I spent 2 hours on the phone informing them that the date they had given me was unsuitable. I gave them alternative dates which were not out of choice, to be told that I would have to pay the extra cost. I couldn't believe it, the absolute cheek when they were the ones causing me inconvenience.  I felt under pressure to make a decision because the alternative flights with Monarch would cost me an extra £95 and I didn't want to go through the hassle of another lengthy phone call to T Cook.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 15:19:42 PM »
The TC flights that I was eyeing up have both been pulled from the schedule. At least I hadn't already booked.

I'm now looking to book flights+hotel via Monarch. That will therefore count as a "package" holiday. Does that give you any better protection if that airline then messes with the flights in the future? Or are you still at their mercy?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 15:40:03 PM »
Does that give you any better protection if that airline then messes with the flights in the future? Or are you still at their mercy?

Nope.  They can still bugger around and change flight times, hotel etc.  Only advantage is that you'll be ATOL protected.

JF

Offline buddy

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 23:17:57 PM »
Claire as just managed to speak to TC, after waiting 30 mins on the phone, and they have agreed to refund us for the flights :o. we have re-booked with Jet2 for an extra £21 each. Don't think I'll give TC the opportunity again. >:(

Offline mary anne

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 19:51:27 PM »
Just been notified my flight for the 19th may ( booked only for the 7am flight) has been moved to next day at @ 2pm. That's 31 hours later . If I had known I would have gone with jet 2 and got the better hand luggage quota. The very last with TC I'm afraid. Mary

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 21:22:53 PM »
For the first time in 15 years, I'm not going to be in Fethiye in September.

March and September we go away - March changes from place to place but Fethiye in September for 3 weeks has been pretty much cast in stone.

It's not just the bombings - goodness knows I can get those almost anywhere - but the buggering around with flights plus OH concerns have made my mind up.

Hopefully, 2017 will be a little more positive.

Off to Durban instead. Great deals with Emirates and great value hotels.

Strangely, feeling a little disloyal but 2017 will hopefully be an improved situation.

I'm sure I am not alone....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf