Author Topic: Things Are Looking Even More Grim for Turkey 2016 Season  (Read 9347 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Things Are Looking Even More Grim for Turkey 2016 Season
« on: March 03, 2016, 18:05:05 PM »
Groupon are featuring Marmaris hotels today - from an amazing £40 for a week for up to 4 people in an apartment (that makes it £10 a week per person of course!!!)

It's been on the Groupon website all day. As has the "Be the first to buy" message.

Even at giveaway prices, on a hugely busy website, not one person has been tempted.

= Bad.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Things Are Looking Even More Grim for Turkey 2016 Season
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 18:19:06 PM »
That just got me thinking (not always a good idea  ;) ) and I realised that none of our friends or family have asked to use our place in Karagozler this year - thats a first since about 2001.

The upside for me is that if I get a few spare days in Istanbul, I don't have to work out if auntie Jeanny or some random friend of my BH is in residence  :)

JF

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 21:19:56 PM »
The events in Istanbul earlier today has put the final nail in the coffin I think.

Like you John we have no one asking to use our place and only four weeks booked for rentals.  We don't usually have many to be fair as we don't advertise but six to eight weeks is more than norm for out place.

It's such a shame to see so many unjust comments everywhere regarding Turkey. People just cannot see past the terrorism threat. 

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 21:55:24 PM »
It is really annoying people in my work always asking is our Apartment anywhere near ALL the trouble in Turkey. When I say it's about 15hrs away from East Turkey (by car) they are surprised. Also any capital city is at risk anywhere in the world.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 22:41:59 PM »
I get that all the time; "you won't be going to your place this year I bet"
Why not I say?
"Cos of all the terrorism"

Ignorant retards!

It shows how easily led people can be. They hear a few words on telly and thats it the country is fudged.

Offline GlennB

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 00:08:14 AM »
We also have only one friend using our apartment this year, verbal request for 4 weeks in June, I've heard nothing lately so we'll see if they go for it, people have no idea how big Turkey is, I'm a firm believer that you have to be unlucky to get caught up in anything and if you do well sh1t happens as they say.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
Just to pass the time away after another operation and bed bound at home I did a little look around to see various hotel prices per night per room for 2 persons in June in Calis.on a B/B  basis.

oykun                   £25.             
golden moon          £25.
mendos                 £31.
Nevada                  £36.
Harman                  £23.
sevi                       £25.
delta                      £50.
tugay                     £22.
idee                       £54.
gunes                     £24.
kann                       £20..

this is the best I could find today and going on our many years of visits to Calis prices seem more or less the same as for the past few years, I also put in 5 twin rooms required and found that only the oykun  had 3 rooms left and the delta  had 4 rooms left , on direct hotel direct bookings .seems like bookings are down this year for most hotels with hard times ahead I feel, such a shame

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 10:32:15 AM »
Not much room left at Hillside, €600 per night including dinner but drinks extra  :)

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 17:52:35 PM »
Looks like my concern at the Groupon Marmaris offer may have been premature - one has been bought!!!

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/ga-world-choice-sports-60

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 18:38:58 PM »
On a tangent - has anybody enjoyed a good Groupon offer? I gave up on them after a few disappointments. The old adage "You get what you pay for" kept creeping in. Groupon offers for Marmaris hotels at £40 per week? I've heard about Marmaris hotels like that!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf