Author Topic: Building permission  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Hamlet

Building permission
« on: May 05, 2016, 18:36:06 PM »
In 2011 we purchased a plot of land adjoining the plot our villa is built on.
We were advised by the agent that building permission came with the additional plot and it was valid for 5 years.
At the end of this year, that permission is due to expire and we have been told that we need to extend the permission, as if we do not, it is unlikely or will at least be very difficult & expensive to get permission granted again.
Is there anyone who has been through the process of extending the building permission or that can point me to someone who can advise me as I have drawn a blank so far?  ???

Offline busybee

Re: Building permission
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 06:25:44 AM »
I would think the Belideye would be your first port of call, if that brings no joy, perhaps consult a solicitor

Offline Laura B

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 09:10:04 AM »
Personally I would contact Sule Beder, avukat, to make sure that whatever you get is what you thought you were getting......and no doubt paying for!  If she has overseen it at least you cannot be told at some later date that things are different from what you thought.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
I would think the Belideye would be your first port of call, if that brings no joy, perhaps consult a solicitor

Been there, done that ;(

Offline Phil

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 10:58:44 AM »
I was in a similar (ish) position a few years back.
The advice I got was that all construction work for which building permission was granted had to be completed within five years.
After that it was return to Go and start again. There were no extensions, you had to resubmit the full application from the beginning and pay all the fees.
The application is then considered under the regulations that apply at the time of the new application ( which could have changed) .

Unless the use of the land has been redesignated (eg building density) then there shouldn't be any problems reapplying, but is a costly process.

I do wonder what "Building Permission" came with your plot. I can't imagine that any one would pay all the fees to get FULL permission and then immediately sell it. They would have had to submit a complete set of architect and engineers plans (more costs).

It may be that what the agent just meant was that the land was designated as Residential.

I don't know if they have an "Outline Plannning Permission" scheme like we have, but if the land is designated as residential usage in the Council Town plans then building permission would be pretty automatic for a suitable domestic dwelling.

I think you first step is to find out what permissions actually exist. A solicitor will do this for you, or a good Estate Agent (for a fee) or even a builder.

It maybe that there is actually nothing to renew.

Good Luck

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »
A solicitor will do this for you, or a good Estate Agent (for a fee) or even a builder.

Good advice.  If it was me, my first port of call would be a good estate agent - Cenk from Interturk and Ronnie from Coast2Coast Properties are both members on here and have been highly recommended by other members several times.

If you'd prefer using a solicitor, then Şule is probably your best bet - especially if there are any areas of contention. 

JF

Offline mac2010

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 14:05:57 PM »
Why not contact the agent that sold you the land in the first place and let them check for you.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 22:46:31 PM »
Thanks all for your replies, looks like an uphill trek from herein.  :-\

mac2010, no chance, after the events that came to light last year  >:(

Offline suehugh

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 07:59:01 AM »
Hi Hamlet
We are currently in the process of buying a property and the adjoining plot of land. Our solicitor advises that according to a new law, building permission must be applied for with two years of sale. Building must take place within three years from this point. For building permission, you need architects drawings and planning permission. There is obviously a cost for this.
The alternative is to merge the two plots into one Tapu. In our case , the cost for this would be around 6 to 8k lira. They can later be demerged, but at a similar sort of cost.
If it's a new law, it may not apply to you as I think it was enacted in 2012. You bought in 2011.
I would consult a solicitor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf