Author Topic: The boys at Becilar  (Read 3920 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

The boys at Becilar
« on: August 10, 2016, 11:48:49 AM »
Sadly the youngest boy has now been in Antalya hospital for the past 24 days .So far had four operations in that time to try to clear the infection he has in his feet. The summer months are always the worst for them as the heat makes the condition worse .Mum is sleeping by his bed on the floor as no spare beds or chairs available for her use. The eldest boy has been confined to the clean house to minimise the risk of getting infections from outside. Not the ideal situation for him as he gets so bored but at least his condition hasn't worsened .The younger one is of course a typical 11 year old and been out and about doing things children get up to at that age so sadly managed to scratch himself and infection set in. Anyone who doubts how serious is gets please ask me and I will send pics of what they have to contend with....it truly is horrendous . During this time of course it means Mum is unable to work which causes more hardship in the long run but as she says at least she has a wonderful home to go back to as soon as he is allowed out of hospital .The eldest lad has now finished schooling and he is a clever lad and still has some limited use of his fingers so if anyone can come up with a craft idea suitable for a 14 year old please let me know. I am thinking on the line of something basic in electronics as that seems to be his biggest interest ..We will happily purchase anything if we can find the suitable things to occupy his mind and time. 

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: The boys at Becilar
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 12:43:40 PM »
Makes you grateful for what you have.
Thank you for the update Mavis and the great work.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
Over in October HB if you need me to bring anything shout up x

Offline patrice

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 12:48:29 PM »
Sorry to hear this news Mavis .Hopefully he will recover and be home soon.

I will be bringing some winter items with me to Turkey in the very near future for you to 'sell on' to raise funds or provide warmth to those in need for the coming winter.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 13:19:44 PM »
Dreadfully sad  :)  :)  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 02:09:14 AM »
The eldest lad has now finished schooling and he is a clever lad and still has some limited use of his fingers so if anyone can come up with a craft idea suitable for a 14 year old please let me know. I am thinking on the line of something basic in electronics as that seems to be his biggest interest ..We will happily purchase anything if we can find the suitable things to occupy his mind and time. 

How about Lego Technic or Lego Creator ? A bit expensive to start off but there are lots of sets to build and extra pieces are readily available. Very easy for supporters to bring small packages of it on visits. Many of them can be fitted with electric motors and lights. Apart from the electrics, the rest of the parts can be easily washed and / or disinfected.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
Sounds like a splendid idea to me  :)

Offline marina

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 09:57:59 AM »
Excellent idea KKOB    :)

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 14:04:37 PM »
Many thanks for the private message Kevin and I have sent a reply. It certainly sounds the sort of items that could help him so will try and sort something out as soon as possible. As I am not in Calis at the moment I will ask one of the team to make a trip to the Erasta to see what is available and keep you all informed.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 22:19:36 PM »
Did this get resolved.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf