Author Topic: 2017 Season looking dire  (Read 34883 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: 2017 Season looking dire
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2017, 00:36:49 AM »
Trust me they go out! I'm one of the few not barred from the Sensatori page on FB and can confirm many go to Fethiye shopping for their dream handbags, etc  ;)

They might not eat out much (why would you?) but I know some do because I've been asked for restaurant reccs in the past.

Yes it's a place you might just relax in for a week or two but not everyone does that. I've seen guests getting on the Dolmus when we've ridden past.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
Sorry Stoop, The occasionally trip out, it not the same as staying at a B.&.B. Going out every day and using the local restaurants.
If people pay for A.I  they are not going to pay to eat out elsewhere every night. 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 11:54:17 AM »
At the end of the day, if folks want AI then that's what they'll book.  I suspect the majority look at the hotel and facilities first and the surrounding area second - if the Fethiye area didn't provide AI hotels then the business would be lost to Antalya, Marmaris etc.

It's all about choice...

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2017, 12:38:12 PM »
"Trying to arrange a boat trip to Ola deniz with the guy down on the beach for either this wednesday or thursday and we need 6 more  people to fill the boat.Anyone intetested in jpining us please get in touch.It will leave at 9.00 am sail to the edge of the Blue Lagoon in Ola Deniz where there will be two hours at your own leisure and then sail back to he hotel.The price for the trip will be £300.00 divided by how ever many of us there are so if 6 more people join us it will be £25.00 per person"

From their FB page today. Ok it's only a few peeps for a few hours (and damn expensive if you ask me) but it proves they do support the local economy to a degree.

I'd expect a lot for £25 but then I'm half Yorkshire, half Scottish  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Sorry Stoop, The occasionally trip out, it not the same as staying at a B.&.B. Going out every day and using the local restaurants.
If people pay for A.I  they are not going to pay to eat out elsewhere every night. 

Yes Jacqui but your argument has always been that they bring nothing to the local economy as they never leave the hotel.

You can hardly expect them to eat out every night I agree - but they do benefit the local area in other ways.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2017, 14:31:51 PM »
I must admit we book some of our holiday in a A I, mainly down to cost the all inclusive deals that are around, we still do go out for a few meals but not every night probably about 50/50, and usually go back to the hotel for a a few drinks in the evening as its the cost of alcohol that makes Turkey expensive. If your out every night it mounts up we had a shock a few years ago when we worked out how much we spent in 16 days in Dalyan staying bed and breakfast. 

That said if there were not AI hotels we would still go to Olu Deniz just as we still go to Dalyan where there are no AI hotels, chances are though we may not go as regularly as we do now.

We have usually booked our October week by now but are holding off as the amount of last minute deals around are amazing , we have already seen the flights we have for may are less than half what we paid a few months ago.  One travel agent had a week in Oludeniz for £98 including flights last weekend for this week.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2017, 14:47:07 PM »
Fethiye very busy today with Tourists. Many of them sound British.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2017, 21:13:36 PM »
Hisaronu was very busy,. Lots of holidaymakers about  all up to my turning at the new mosque. Must have got the shock of their Ives when the weather changed and a really chill wind with a shower came along. All them skimpy outfits..  ;D ;D

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2017, 07:52:38 AM »
It appears to be  busier than this time last year here in Hisaronu..... although its slightly deceiving ...  because there are  far too many  bars, restaurants, gift shops, shoe, watches, sunglasses  etc shops in the area,  some are busy and some ( most) are deserted . Its only early May but that scenario will continue throughout the season...as it always does here.  Many will close again,  only to open again by new owners next year who haven`t researched the area.. and so it goes on ,,  :o

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2017, 06:22:32 AM »
First week of the season in Hisaronu looked and was encouraging... number of  UK  visitors... but since then there`s been a dramatic turn a round...now its fairly deserted day and night time by late May standards... Apparantly the planes are full but I  was told that  90% of occupants are off to Marmaris ?
What is noticable here in Hisaronu already though is the big increase in visiting Turks.....  things are changing...
and why not ?
It is there country after all   lol 
Is it the same scenario  over in Calis and elsewhere along the coast ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf