Author Topic: Meanwhile Jeremy Corbyn not happy with shoot to kill policy.  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Meanwhile Jeremy Corbyn not happy with shoot to kill policy.
« on: March 22, 2017, 21:44:19 PM »
No wonder the Labour Party is falling into an every deeper hole.  This post was two years ago, but no word that he has changed his views. 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34832023

Offline Steve A

Re: Meanwhile Jeremy Corbyn not happy with shoot to kill policy.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »
We don't have a shoot to kill policy,it's a false statement bandied about by those who don't understand that firing a high powered weapon at the central mass of a persons body is more than likely to kill.The same people ask why not shoot in arm,leg,shoot to wound etc.It is virtually impossible to do this under the stressful circumstances of discharging a weapon at another human being,they've been watching too many films.
The ACPO policy on Firearms is best described as Shoot to stop or neutralise the threat,hence central mass.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »
I think the term "shoot to kill policy" has been misconstrued by the media and some politicians over the years - as far as I'm aware the term was coined during the troubles in NI when security forces shot suspects as opposed to attempting to arrest them.

Steve is 100% correct, the Police in the UK do not have a "shoot to kill policy", the official line is “shoot to incapacitate”.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 12:43:02 PM »
Jezza will be waiting for his email from Brenda in Derby or Colin in Fife before he makes his feelings known.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 22:45:00 PM by stoop »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 18:45:20 PM »
I am sure when the armed Police Office who saw his colleague being stabbed with two large knives, decide to shoot to neutralise the threat.... Yeh right, whatever.    :-X >:( :o

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 20:55:13 PM »
Perhaps the policeman should have aimed at the knife  (or knives - two shots in quick succession) instead of the body.

That would have "incapacitated" the rascal.

Must be a training issue.

No thought, it seems, given to the policeman as to how he must be feeling and the months of investigation that will undoubtedly follow?

Offline Fran

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 21:26:56 PM »
I am sure when the armed Police Office who saw his colleague being stabbed with two large knives, decide to shoot to neutralise the threat.... Yeh right, whatever.    :-X >:( :o
It would be a shoot to stop him, whatever the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 17:05:52 PM »
For the type of situation that happened in Westminster I believe shoot to kill was the best way.
He could have been carrying a hand held trigger to set off a bomb, could have been wearing a device he could active with a trigger,
Whatever the reason hes gone and the UK government do not have to go through a lengthy trial or send someone to jail that you and I pay for.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf