Author Topic: Bucket List  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Bucket List
« on: April 21, 2017, 22:48:16 PM »
I don't have one and if I did I am not sure that I would share some of the list on here   ;)

But one thing I have always thought about doing was renting a remote property on the West Coast of Scotland for Brenda and I and our dearest friends and family.

Spending the days outdoors despite the weather (nothing energetic mind), getting back indoors probably drenched to the skin, hot shower, quick nap, then an evening meal (no fine dining allowed) around a large table in the kitchen, followed by a long, relaxed evening around a raging open fire with lots of alcohol reminiscing about the "good old" days.

Finally off the bed, and............................

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 23:22:26 PM »
We rented a cottage once on the West Coast.  There was me and Phil, our daughter (son was not born then) Phil's Mum and Dad, my Mum and Dad and our dog.  It was right on a beach and there was no one around but us. Used to walk the dog every morning along the beach.  It was so peaceful. 
It always brings back happy memories for us as both our parents have passed away now, so it was a lovely time with all the family together.
Go for it Highlander...

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 23:38:41 PM »
Sounds idyllic John and weirdly it brings to mind a book I've just read about a guy who left his city job to become a crofter like his father before him in NW Sutherland and the hardships they endured, but how they loved it. It's an excellent read called The Kerracher Man by Eric Macleod.

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »
We rented a cottage in a small village in Wales for Xmas a few years back, both daughters, son-in-law and dawg. (Sadly no parents)  We cooked huge meals, ate round the kitchen table, copious amounts of alcholol, log fire and long walks on the beach.  It was idyllic.  Would like to do a repeat in a different location.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf