Author Topic: exchange rate  (Read 7349 times)

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
Re: exchange rate
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 16:37:14 PM »
13TL is a jump on last year for the front,
Turkonomics: Rule 1: If the numbers of tourists fall {e.g. by 30%} you have to charge the rest that still come more {e.g. 30% more} to make up your money.

And if all the bars get together and do the same its good for business, a co-operative or is it a cartel never could work out the difference ?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 16:52:53 PM »
And if all the bars get together and do the same its good for business
In the short-term. In the long-term - second holiday in September or next year - another 30% may disappear to Greece or Spain or Xxxxxx so prices have to go up 30% again. This brings in Turkonomics Rule 2: People run bars and restaurants on short-term leases; the long-term has to look after itself [unless your cartel/co-op can impose a more long-term collective view].

I should point out that Turkey is not unique in this. Greek Cyprus went into a similar self-feeding downward spiral in the early 2000s.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 09:11:51 AM »
I'm off to Spain in a couple of months to a festival we go to every year in Pineda de Mar just north of Barcelona , and the hotel prices have shot up this year, about 40% higher than they have been for the last 10 years we have been going. Flights and alcohol may be cheaper but in all Turkey still works out better on price as accommodation is so much cheaper. 

Offline kimmie

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »
 HI ALL,
 i have just booked the club e again for June same time as last year and paid the same price but staying for 14 nights this time not 11 as is our usual stay so i do feel that we have got a decent price for the holiday having said that we have just been to corralejo and again paid the same price for that holiday as we have just done for Calis but what was really suprising was the cost for food and drink whilst we were there it was no more expensive than calis and it was really good quality so whilst i am a fan of Calis having visited twice a year for the last 8 years i am thinking this visit will probably be our last Calis it is not the same anymore (even tho it still good and we meet lots of friends every year) I do hope Calis remains a popular resort and it not spoiled any further by the noisy bars which we noticed more than ever last year and i am now on the count down looking forward to my first meal of Topkapi.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »
Wanna buy a full stop?

:)

JF

Offline kimmie

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »
 Oh gosh yes i agree my punctuation is terrible i have just rambled on apologies 8)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »
No apology required, it was meant in humour  :)

JF

Offline shandy

• Ashton-under-Lyne, UK
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 14:22:04 PM »
Blimey Efes is more expensive in Calis than it is here, £1.25 a bottle in B&M Bargains, can't beat it   ;) x

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:05 AM »
Some places as another member said are still charging 10tl for a beer, the thing is how many people arrive at a bar and say how much is a beer, you order your beer guzzle it while looking at beautiful surroundings and stunning sunset, guzzle a few more, on saying the magic words 'hesap lutfen' is when reality sets in of cost of said beer and the next sentence uttered is ( well by us anyway) just like the Garveys in Benidorm "Im on me holidays"    ;)   ;)   ;)

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 10:59:56 AM »
Bottle of Efes  in Wetherspoons  in Leeds station was £2.99.   Fair  price I thought, but  not the same ambience as Calis.   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf