Author Topic: New rules on electronic devices  (Read 4337 times)

Offline makemwonder

New rules on electronic devices
« on: May 27, 2017, 16:09:57 PM »
Don't know if anyone has already posted this but my hubby has just returned from Calis last night and managed to obtain a leaflet from the jet2 flight, also to let you know if anyone over there is thinking of buying one of the battery packs for keeping your phone charge at all times DONT as they are not allowed anywhere on the plane not even in the hold. a man on my hubby's transfer bus had his confiscated at the airport and dropped into the bin, he was quite livid as he had chosen a more expensive one. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: New rules on electronic devices
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 16:44:04 PM »
Thanks MW

When do they give the leaflet? If you have a portable charger the leaflet is almost always too late - if you have one, you are going to lose it :(

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 17:14:45 PM »
UK Gov advice is that: "Existing safety regulations mean that spare batteries and portable power sources can no longer be carried on board aircraft operating on affected routes [i.e. including Turkey] in either cabin or hold baggage." I don't know if this means a portable charger (I don't have one) but it sounds like it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/additional-hand-luggage-restrictions-on-some-flights-to-the-uk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 17:15:06 PM »
PERMITTED
According to the info on the leaflet battery packs / power banks are still  allowed in cabin luggage provided they are Less than 16cm x 9.3cm x 1.5cm Including their associated leads and cables.

NOT PERMITTED
Rechargeable battery packs (Power Banks) greater than 16cm x 9.3cm x 1.5cm are NOT permitted in either cabin or hold luggage.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 17:31:56 PM »
Yes that is exactly how it reads KKOB

Offline scorcher

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 21:47:32 PM »
Having dutifully packed Ipad and Samsung tablet into the hold baggage and not been asked to operate either of these, the security people didn't care for the mains lead from my laptop in my cabin bag so that too went into the hold. Be advised that that the final security search immediately prior to boarding is very thorough and time consuming.

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 23:04:56 PM »
The lealet is only shown to passengers on the outgoing journey you dont actually  get to keep them this one just happened to stick to my hubby's fingers , there is more info on the back of the leaflet but I cant get it to upload on here as it says its too big , but if there is any way it can be done I will be happy to try again, It does say on the leaflet that all equipment chargers must also be in your hold luggage.

Offline bob w

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 13:04:48 PM »
Had my small battery pack taken off of me ( on a uk flight from Bangkok, so not on the list )

Gov advice printed below - please not it is NOT link to size, some flights now link to power output 

will not be allowed on board the aircraft in either cabin or hold baggage:
•spare or separate device batteries
•portable power sources

Existing safety regulations mean that spare batteries and portable power sources can no longer be carried on board aircraft operating on affected routes in either cabin or hold baggage.

no more battery packs for me. it had to come 

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 20:21:34 PM »
I'm going out to Calis in early July and the more information I see on the forum regarding electronic devices, the more confused I become.....perhaps that's because I'm thick!
I intend to take a Galaxy mobile phone and a Kindle reader, both able to be charged at different times from the same 3pin plug and 2pin adaptor with a USB lead connected to whichever device needs charging from the mains.
I think I'm OK to carry my mobile phone in my hand luggage on the return journey, but will I be allowed to store the Kindle with the 3pin plug, the 2pin adapter and the USB lead in my hold luggage?
My travelling companions are asking me the same questions so I promised to ask the seasoned and sensible, informed forum members for their advice.
Thank you in anticipation.   :-\   

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 21:00:02 PM »
Why don't you ask the airline ?  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf