Author Topic: Calis well known face departed  (Read 4278 times)

Offline Ally B

Calis well known face departed
« on: May 27, 2017, 21:40:57 PM »
Was speaking to Rushie yesterday and he told me Gerald the massage man died of a heart attack last year.  In our early years in Calis Gerald had a small enclosure on the beach for doing his massages.Sometimes you had to queue up to get one. He was then forced off the beach and moved to a room on top of the Letoon. Cant believe he's gone , he was such a nice man. One of Turkey's gentleman.  R.I.P.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Calis well known face departed
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 22:19:18 PM »
Is Gerald the message man who walked the beach offering massages and part of his "kit" was a rolling pin?

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 00:27:23 AM »
Gerald was one of the first Calis characters I came across way back in 2003. He used to operate from a small building next to the Villa Beach Hotel. Not seen him for a few years of late. Always riding up and down the prom on his bike with a cheery smile, and offering 'Massage'.

RIP Gerald.

:(

Offline pstevens

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 08:21:59 AM »
Hi all gerald was the first man to tell us priness diana hade dies he came of his bike and onto the beach to tell us RIP doctor geraldo

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:25:26 AM »
Can anyone tell me please was this the massage man who always wore a bandana? Reason i ask is we thought we saw him the other day on the beach then realised it was one of the guys at Aroma, which then got me thinking that we have not seen the massage man only a lady offering massages on the beach, then I remembered about this thread but having never known the massage mans name we are not totally sure if maybe there used to be two or if indeed it was him who had sadly passed away...

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 16:18:13 PM »
Can anyone tell me please was this the massage man who always wore a bandana? Reason i ask is we thought we saw him the other day on the beach then realised it was one of the guys at Aroma, which then got me thinking that we have not seen the massage man only a lady offering massages on the beach, then I remembered about this thread but having never known the massage mans name we are not totally sure if maybe there used to be two or if indeed it was him who had sadly passed away...

No Karennina, this is a different guy. His son lives on our complex.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 18:11:28 PM »
Thank you for the info Chris it must just be a coincidence we have not seen the bandana wearing massage man this season   ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 19:04:06 PM »
The man with the bandana thought I could speak fluent Turkish.. We had many a conversation walking on Calis sea front.. funny thing was he could also understand me..

Offline Sandra48

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 15:51:09 PM »
Yes he used to have a place on the beach and then on the rooftop at Letoon, he also used to go around the restaurants giving people a neck massage (sometimes whether they wanted one or not).  He was the gentleman we always knew as "Mr Magic", I was always led to believe that he was the uncle of Alif who used to manage the Letoon years ago.  Maybe someone who has been visiting Calis regularly over the last 20 years might be able to confirm this. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf