Author Topic: Women pulled of flight  (Read 7424 times)

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
Re: Women pulled of flight
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »
they should have just turned the T-shirts inside out  then  : :)   

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »
Aye, problem solved  :)

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 14:41:41 PM »
They were asked prior to boarding to either change their t shirts or cover them up as Jet2 staff felt the slogan was offensive. Once boarded some decided to take of jackets/cardies/hoodies etc therefore displaying the slogan.
Perhaps they thought that that the person who told them this was a pathetic little twerp with a Hitler complex and that the "service" people on board would not be so anal. The cabin staff could well have suggested that the passengers do what many of us thought obvious  turn t-shirt inside-out or back-to-front - perhaps in the back of the plane where the staff area is. But no, let's throw them off the flight, mess up their holidays and cost them huge lumps of money. That'll teach them! Pathetic!

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 15:21:12 PM »
I think over the last few years cabin crew have got stricter especially with groups of young people and the tolerance for people being drunk is getting lower, every few months its reported about drunk passengers getting thrown of planes. I was sat at Dalaman waiting for a 22;40 Easy jet plane and it had been delayed by over an hour I could actually see the plane parked at the other end of the runway when we eventually got on the plane I asked about the delay and was told that they had a very drunk women on and had her taken of the plane when they landed the delay was waiting for the police to turn up. The stewardess said that women would be taken to cells then when she had sobered up she would be put on the next available flight back to the UK at her cost she also said why should she have to put up with that type of behavior while at work. I worked as a night club doorman for over 15 years and we never put up with that type of behavior so why should she I know its only a slogan on a T shirt but the cabin crew have to take everything in to consideration for all we know they might have been a little on the drunk side and didn't want it to escalate but I wasn't there so don't know

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 15:27:14 PM »
They were asked prior to boarding to either change their t shirts or cover them up as Jet2 staff felt the slogan was offensive. Once boarded some decided to take of jackets/cardies/hoodies etc therefore displaying the slogan.
Perhaps they thought that that the person who told them this was a pathetic little twerp with a Hitler complex and that the "service" people on board would not be so anal. The cabin staff could well have suggested that the passengers do what many of us thought obvious  turn t-shirt inside-out or back-to-front - perhaps in the back of the plane where the staff area is. But no, let's throw them off the flight, mess up their holidays and cost them huge lumps of money. That'll teach them! Pathetic!

I didn't say I agreed with their decision - however, when the airline staff ask you to do something, best policy is simply to comply.  They are in a position of power, and as Trainer said, the tolerance for unruly (or disruptive) passengers seems to be at zero these days. 

JF

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 15:46:53 PM »

The slogan I believe was "Bitches on Tour" and it was on the back of the T shirts, so while sat down it couldn't be seen. Doesn't seem that offensive to me.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 17:06:21 PM »
If someone called them a bitch in every day life I'm sure they would not have been pleased.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 18:05:44 PM »
We do not know if they had been drinking as well and may have been drunk too.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 18:20:04 PM »
We don't know whether they might have been international terrorists - after all some of them had hoodies which is what terrorists wear isn't it? Or they could have been rolling drunk. They could have been carriers of bubonic plague. But Jet2 didn't mention any of this. It said the t-shirts were offensive.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 19:37:49 PM »
According to one of the ladies being interviewed.. Only two of them had a glass of wine before the flight anf they were Mums. Grans and respectable women just going on a hen do... I personally wouldn't wear a T.Shirt with that written on...Jet2 said that there were a lot of children on board and that the T>Shirts were offensive to them...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 15:14:26 PM by mercury »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf