Author Topic: Paperwork checks  (Read 3069 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Paperwork checks
« on: June 10, 2017, 15:20:53 PM »
Just read a post from Joanne West on Facebook. Seems the police were around Calis checking to see if the people staying were registered. Thought I would let you know.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Paperwork checks
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:04:36 AM »
Don't know if it originated from the same source, but heard this morning that some folks in the Calis area have been arbitrarily fined for being in breach of the new regulations.

JF

Offline mac2010

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »
is this fact about fines or just calis jungle drums seeing as this is a serious matter.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »
Haven't a clue, but I didn't get it from Facebook  :)   

That said, the fines are fact - a number of properties in Istanbul have been checked and found not to be registered.  Tourists promptly ejected, property sealed and owners subject to fines and legal action.

JF

Offline bells

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 12:24:29 PM »
can anyone help please.  I am coming out in August with my husband, Daughter and her partner.  My husband (the property is only in his name) and my daughters partner are only staying for 2 weeks.  Myself and my daughter are staying for 3 weeks.  Does this mean that when my husband goes home that I should register with the police.  We have never rented out the property.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:49:37 PM »
you need to prove your relationship with your husband, Wedding certificate passport and copy of Tapu should be ok

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 15:44:22 PM »
Yes, heard yesterday, if family are staying, they only need passports and wedding lines to prove who they are, you do not need to register anything,  just have these things handy if the authorities call at your place.

Offline bells

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »
Thank you for your replies.  I will take a copy of our marriage certificate and my daughters birth certificate with me. It is only for that 3rd week, but you never know when you could be stopped.  Best to safe than sorry.

Offline Mistee

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 10:57:34 AM »
I have heard that YellAli are offering a service to register guests on your behalf. This service is either for paying guests or non paying guests.
You can check out the information on their website www.yellali.com

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 11:43:21 AM »
From what I've been told they have a list that they are working there way through it mainly consists of owners who have advertised in the past but also if there is a complaint about a property to the police for example noise the police inform the inspector he then goes to the property if he finds its not registered he will close the property down evict the occupiers and issue proceedings if it is on a complex he will then look at all the properties on the complex and do the same to them. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf