Author Topic: Calis Beach/Fethiye Revue  (Read 2205 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Calis Beach/Fethiye Revue
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:01:29 PM »
I normally don't do revues as most are subjective but I thought on this occasion I would give it ago, I have visited Calis and Fethiye 3 times this year and this revue combines all 3 visits

Calis in May was probably the quietest I have seen but the weather was great people just as friendly but worried what the season would bring but Fethiye was the opposite the Estara shopping center was busy as where the cafes out side and the old town was busy as well we went out to the Mosaic and then on to the car cemetery on the Saturday night and both places where very busy but with Turkish rather than British or European tourists
When we came the first week in August it was a little busier but not as much as I had expected but again Fethie was busy.
26th of August to the 10th September was the busiest that I have seen for a few yeas a great mix of Turkish and European tourists, I think that the extended Turkish holiday was probably the driving factor in this but it was great to see 

I tend to eat in a lot more now so when we go out we tend to make a choice on what we no to be good rather than try something new every now and again we do tray a new place so here is a list of the places that we went to and what we thought

Bars (Pubs)
color=red]Cahide [/color] [/color]  (I think that's what its called) just up from New York bakery and pizza we went quite a few times over the season just round the corner from our apartment so quite handy, we would normally go in between 8pm and 9pm for a quick drink and as a staging post before we went of to Calis or Fethiye its always been quite when we have been in but we didn't mind also the Effes malt is 10tl
Motto I never went in but the wife did with her friends and she really liked it loved the laid back atmosphere and the Turkish music and as far as she was aware never got over charged
Terrace café Fethiye love looking over the harbor and all the fountains really good atmosphere and not to expensive
Car cemetery Fethiye this is probably my favorite love sitting out side people watching get there around 1130pm there's live music till the early hours and the whole area is busy and I have noticed some new night clubs have opened the same area

Restaurants
New York Pizza really good pizza probably the best I have had in turkey
Brothers good food friendly staff and consistent
Beach House   only had breakfast here but good will try the main meals next time we are over
Dawn Beach always used this as a sports bar but the food is good service is great and the steak set meal real good value for money
Calis beach Indian only been in the odd time and found the food average but great service until our last night the food was really good better than before and the service as usual was great
Manchero we fell out with this place last year over bad service but we thought we would give it another try but been honest the service was better but the food I thought was average and when your paying above average money you want your moneys worth
Çarıklı. if you like your meet this is the place to go and now I think better than Manchero
Mozaic Bache For me one if not the best restaurant in Fethiye still first class food and service
Jimmy's corba salon what can I say about Jimmy's love the spicy lentil love the lamb and rice love the turkishness about it 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Calis Beach/Fethiye Revue
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
A great read trainer - thanks for sharing.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Beach/Fethiye Revue
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 20:27:20 PM »
Thanks Trainer.

We also found Calis quiet in July but much of Fethiye was heaving. Calis in July wasn't much busier than it has been during our recent October holidays, which is worrying for local businesses.

The biggest difference we saw during our first July visit since 2010 was the vast number of local holidaymakers stretched out along the public spaces, most notably the kordon lawn areas, spending nothing      :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Calis Beach/Fethiye Revue
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 17:19:28 PM »
Good review. Thanks  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf