Author Topic: Regret  (Read 6322 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Regret
« on: March 31, 2018, 22:40:21 PM »
I see the date for the 3C Charity's Spring Fair was confirmed on Facebook exactly a week ago. Nobody even bothered to come here and confirm the event or it's date.

I deeply regret that CBF didn't support the Calis Children's Charity over the years, as much as Facebook did.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Regret
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 00:38:37 AM »
To be fair they are hugely depleted in numbers and  Cathy who usually posts on here is trying to balance managing the shop as well as helping to look after an old lady who is terminally ill..and looking after numerous animals at the moment.   The others are not members on here.... I will try and contact her.   

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 07:02:10 AM »
So when is it please? It shows how depleted their numbers are as even we are unaware of the date. As Mercury said hopefully Cathy will make an official announcement on here.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
I saw it buried inside a thread as a reply to someone - it wasn't even announced as a new topic/thread. Picked up by Fethiye Times yesterday - 3rd June.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 10:28:31 AM »
Fighting a losing battle mate.  It appears that the current committee feel as though they have all their bases covered when it comes to publicity for events.

Short memories is all I can say...

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »
I started losing the battle a few years ago.

In truth the short memories is fine, if they don't need CBF anymore so what - but bearing in mind they didn't even announce it on their own FB page, my greater annoyance is that they have taken on a once magnificent organisation which literally changed lives, and are rather quickly f*cking it all up.

Makes no difference to me, will be making a hell of a difference (and not a good one)  to the lives of the poorest children locally.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
Things have changed considerably in Calis and Fethiye.. There are more people leaving than going to reside there now and I feel that the times of The Charities is somewhat over.. There will always be the few that struggle on but for the most part now it's the animal lovers that have taken over.
FIG started out originally but then Pete and Chrissie came along with their Carnival idea.. It was never meant to be about helping children but there was money left over and it went on to be a huge success..Car boots sprang up..The first in Turkey.. The Xmas Fair.  Spring Fair.. Coffee mornings.. Music events etc.etc. It was all huge fun while at the time raising huge amounts of money.. When it became The 3cs it was still about helping the children but became more about the money raising.. When the fun went out if it people started leaving.. Then the main stay committee members started leaving Turkey for pastures new.. The ones that were left became overwhelmed by the pressure on them to carry on what was started.. After Pete and Chrissie left it was more or less the nail in the coffin (my opinion only).. Liz and a few others manfully tried to carry on with "newbies" who of course brought their own ideas (mostly wrong ones).. The result is that there are now only 6 running to stay still.
They still really care about helping local poor kids but something has to give.. I don't think for a minute that they are not grateful to CBF.. just overwhelmed by trying to keep the charity going with no new blood.. As are FIG.Embrace and the rest.. The Animal charities seem to have amalgamated as they also suffer from a lack of volunteers..
To be truthful I think that the days of charities in the local area are numbered.. Times and people change and move on.
Please do not see this as a slight on CBF..and these are my thoughts only..

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
I would like to add that anyone who is on the committee now apart from Cathy are probably new to Calis and would have no idea how much CBF have donated to and helped The 3CS..

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 13:00:27 PM »
Are they inexperienced in realising that not advertising events at all (even on Facebook) generally results in nobody turning up? And in realising that if people don't turn up you don't raise as much money to help local causes?

The lunatics have taken over.

What exactly do they do?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 13:36:24 PM »
Absolutely no idea.. I only know that  The original members (many before I knew that Calis even existed). Can be proud of theirs and this forums achievements. Maybe they will do the same as The Turkish and announce it the day before ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf