Author Topic: Three puppies in need of re-homing  (Read 1715 times)

Offline SteveJ

Three puppies in need of re-homing
« on: May 20, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »
These three puppies, I would estimate at around 6 to 9 months old are living rough in a field of bamboo next door to my place on Yerguzlar Caddesi (the Sunday Market road but near to the river). They are surviving due the kindness of local turkish families who provide them with water and food on a daily basis. They are always together, don't seem to be under-nourished and their tails are always wagging. We've often seen them in the evening comng up to the fence to feed but we've never seen them during the day until this morning. I've not seen any sign of the mother.

Is there anything that the local animal charities / rescue could do to get them new, safer places to live?

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: Three puppies in need of re-homing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 22:44:21 PM »
Hi steve

I hope these guys get some help, I've notice a there is a forum member Shelia P who has been posting all the animal charity dates, I wandered if you contacted her she may be able to pass this information on to one of the animal charities for you.
I would imagine the very least they would take the guys for neutering purposes ect.

sorry cant be more help
karen

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 23:10:33 PM »
Sheila P is the chair of FIG, a children's charity. It's cleopatrasasp or Grizabella who are involved with the animal charities

Offline grizabella

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 07:30:13 AM »
I will check with our feeders to see if they know about these puppies and pass on to our Fosterer/adoptions person.Unfortunately its THAT time of year when there are many kittens and puppies looking for homes and they are few and far between.Thankyou for bringing this to Hayed's attention and we will attempt to sort somethıng out for these puppies.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 07:38:58 AM »
Thank you Grizabella - they will be hard to catch as they are very wary of humans and where they are living in the bamboo field is quite inacessible. The best chance you will have is in the evening when they come out to the fence to feed. They will come to you if they think you have food in your hand. We think we may have seen the mother last night, she has the same colouring and the puppies were all around her wagging their tails. She seems to be lame on her front left paw.

I do hope you can do something for them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf