Author Topic: Anyone Know of a Good Insurance Company?  (Read 6018 times)

Offline xxsummerstarzxx

Anyone Know of a Good Insurance Company?
« on: October 10, 2005, 15:50:49 PM »
Does anyone know of any good travel insurance companies please. I have forms from the post office and its £25 per individual with them for a holiday to Calis. Just wnated to know if there was anything cheaper going.

Thanks in Advance

Yvonne

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 16:53:38 PM »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 16:53:53 PM by redding43 »

Offline xxsummerstarzxx

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 16:55:18 PM »
Thanks or that I go check it out  :)

Yvonne

Offline xxsummerstarzxx

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 17:06:43 PM »
Wow! Cheap prices arent they? Im not sure they can mean for 2 people though. I must have read something wrong. Is Turkey classed as the Med region do you think?

Yvonne

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 17:41:43 PM »
Yvonne
Put 1 person in & you'll see the price will halve.
Turkey is normally classed as in Europe & the Med. It's when you add on USA - because of their high medical charges that charges rocket.

It might be worth looking at bank & building society accounts & maybe changing where you bank. Quite a few accounts have FREE worldwide travel cover + other perks if you have your wages paid into them. Others you have to keep a minimum amount in the account for free cover. We use Lloyds & have free worldwide cover & free AA cover (the AA cover is not used as we got it with the car), we do have to keep a minimum amount of £2000 in the account or they charge £8 a month.

Take a look at what is on offer as there are some good deals around.
If you do have annual worldwide cover it does mean you can take off at last minute & never worry again about whether you're insured or not.

Linda

Offline xxsummerstarzxx

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 17:54:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lindacarl

Yvonne
Put 1 person in & you'll see the price will halve.
Turkey is normally classed as in Europe & the Med. It's when you add on USA - because of their high medical charges that charges rocket.

It might be worth looking at bank & building society accounts & maybe changing where you bank. Quite a few accounts have FREE worldwide travel cover + other perks if you have your wages paid into them. Others you have to keep a minimum amount in the account for free cover. We use Lloyds & have free worldwide cover & free AA cover (the AA cover is not used as we got it with the car), we do have to keep a minimum amount of £2000 in the account or they charge £8 a month.

Take a look at what is on offer as there are some good deals around.
If you do have annual worldwide cover it does mean you can take off at last minute & never worry again about whether you're insured or not.

Linda

I will definitely have to look into this as I have a holiday to Egypt booked for next year too. I had no idea you could arrange cover for additional holidays at a cheaper price.

Offline doll

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 05:00:28 AM »
if you have more than 2 or 3 holidays a year it is cheaper to take out a yearly insurance
make sure medical is covered if ill
age concern do a good policy and will cover all ages

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 17:09:00 PM »
Ive just bought an annual (european) family policy with:

http://www.simpletravelinsurance.com

This is one of the Which magazine's best buys. I was interested in this one because Which said in their reports that they don't automatically not include pre-existing medical conditions. The policy is for 31 days holiday duration at a time. You can pay more for 45 days cover at a time if required. Europe includes Turkey and Egypt and various other countries referred to in their policy. This was good for me as we are shortly going to Egypt for a week.

I didn't include baggage cover as we have this on our household policy but it was only another £7.00 or so if you need it. They also have a 'plus' policy with more cover if required.

The premium for the whole family for the year is £39.97 and they included Paul's medical conditions with no extra charge!

I think this is a bargain - do check it out and read the terms to see if it suits you and if you have any medical conditions I would suggest you always ring the medical helpline number first to see if the conditions are covered BEFORE taking out the policy.

Offline xxsummerstarzxx

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 17:26:12 PM »
Thanks to all who have been good enough to help me out. I do have a few medical conditions which may bump up the premium but Im hoping it wont be by too much

Yvonne

Offline xxsummerstarzxx

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 11:55:16 AM »
Wow just had a quote from an insurance company and its £62 to insure me and my partner just for Turkey. Cos Im on medication I bet ... She did say Turkey had very high premiums cos the medical care is very expensive.

Yvonne

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf