Author Topic: Gocek, a building site !  (Read 5593 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Gocek, a building site !
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 06:10:28 AM »
Last time we went on the boat we had plenty of time to do the market wander round Gocek have lunch and a couple of beers and do some shopping before returning to the boat....must have been a good couple of hours. :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Gocek, a building site !
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 06:11:28 AM »
The market is no different to any of those around Fethiye, except it's generally a lot smaller and often more expensive because of the "Yachting Fraternity".

The same stall-holders, the same tat, the same "Yes, please, Yes please", the same "Buy one get me free", the same etc etc etc

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Gocek, a building site !
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 11:19:46 AM »
Weve done the trip both ways, dolmus and boat. Both take ages! But at least on the boat you're able to sunbathe and look at the views. The dolmus stops at every lamp post and is as usual, packed.
There are dozens of differnt boat trip options and the one we chose, Prenses- from Fethiye , picked us up in Calis and dropped us back, took us to Gocek- about 1 hour 20 minutes- dropped us there for about 3 hours and then colleceted us to return to Fethiye stopping at a bay for a swim on the way back. The return journey did take ages because of the stop and we seemed to be there for ever- but we got back into Calis about 6.30 having left at around 10.30- so not a bad day.
I suppose the best way to do it would be taxi- but not cheap!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf