Author Topic: Several Questions if I may..  (Read 14666 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Several Questions if I may..
« on: April 11, 2013, 15:58:18 PM »

If you were going to buy in Calis or surrounding, would you opt for property with or without a pool? Roughly how much is it to maintain a pool, if its a shared pool, does it get like an English Service Charge, even if its not on a complex.

What criteria do you need to meet to buy a place in Turkey? Do you need to meet any criteria for a long term rental?

Average monthly costs of bills, water, electric, ctax etc? cost of living for 2 adults.

Medical insurance???

We are seriously gathering all the information now to see if we can make the move.

Appreciate any advice that you can offer.

Thanks Bernie

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Several Questions if I may..
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 17:54:52 PM »
I got most of my info from this forum. I would use the search facility at the top.. Just type in any of your queries. There is loads on here to help you...Anne

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 19:03:38 PM »
Thank you.  I will try again .

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 20:48:31 PM »

Has anyone got any tips how to use the search. When I am putting in my questions, it,s bringing up my own posts!! Really would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks
Bernie

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 20:53:00 PM »
Hi Bernie

It is best to use the search in the menu bar (with your profile - my messages etc, than the box on the top right, which is a bit of a quick search facility.

The more words you search, the more specific the results, and the fewer the results.

It would be interesting if some members could give some prices for cost of living things too as things have changed a lot in recent times and search results will be less relevant. Sadly I've been back a few years so my costs will be fairly unhelpful :(

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 21:06:57 PM »

Thanks Scunner will give it another go, and try the other search bit. Appreciate the advice.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 21:09:14 PM »
Anyone care to help the lady?

Winter/summer average household service bills - all that type of info will give at least a guide for them to base calculations on.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 21:39:36 PM »
Hi Slikmrs
well pool or no pool - we did not want one, our first place was pool-less, our present one has (not shared - but if you ask nicely I will) glad we have it is the simple answer, costs for running are hard to define, chemicals are in the region of 200 TL a year, electric for the pool pump and garden well are (at a guess) 10-20 Tl a month, we keep the pool open all year as i feel that winterising it properly would be more costly than keeping it fresh.
Electric bills highest winter bill December) was 165 Tl for a month, lowest winter bill (February) was 48 Tl, summer ones average out at about 80 Tl a month, we were lucky this year as its been pretty mild compared to last year, for example we have only used the water immersion heater a couple of times due to lack of sun.
Fuel for heating - wood burner - cost around 300 TL for the winter period.
Water bills - usually only around 15-20 Tl a month.
Gas bottle (for the cooker hob) - approx 70 Tl a time - lasts us 3 to 6 months.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 21:45:13 PM »

Thanks Jim, just a ball park figure, if you dont mind me putting you on the spot. For a couple, no car, rental property, one smoker, like market food, but eat out occasionaly with all bills thrown in how much per month do you think we should budget for?

Appreciate the advice.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 21:54:25 PM »
we share a pool on a complex and we pay 50ytl per month which includes garden maintenance hope this helps  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf