Author Topic: Getting expensive  (Read 13843 times)

Offline blueclad

Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 12:46:02 PM »
Turkish Airlines have a number of flights from Edinburgh to dalaman  [  one stop to change aircraft ]  bags automatic changed so no lugging the about [ I hold bag each  plus a drink and a snack. ]for as low as £195.50 per person in june fo example, some are quite good flight times total travel time each way 6 hrs 15 mins , you need to pick the best shortest time . .

Our june flight from Gatwick with Thomas cook [ the first time in many years with them ].. a 7 5 7 with 235 seats has been sold out since December ...we booked in july with a very good deal with a free crap meal, ..lots  cheaper than our last monarch flight , it appears flights are getting full up fast

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 14:36:08 PM »
Like a lot of posters I have been looking at other possible locations for 2018.   Whilst the airfares are more expensive to Turkey,  the accommodation costs per night in Italy and Spain for example were coming up a lot more, balancing things out a bit.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 17:41:21 PM »
And on top of that nearly £20 for a visa per person.. I just can't pay twice as much for flights as hotel.with everything included in the price... Liz... ????????????????

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 22:37:54 PM »
And if you have Thomas cooked your holiday they are planning to charge £22 to reserve a sunbed ???? >:(
Anyone up for this?

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 23:13:16 PM »
I think the expected increase in tourism is coming from countries other than the U.K.  such a shame that flight companies are increasing the price of flights to Dalaman, which will impact on some hotels and businesses BUT other nationalities will go because they won’t be mugged like us.

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2018, 23:47:32 PM »
I have been waiting for a thread to come along for a couple of weeks now. I did a speculative check on prices using Sunshine Holidays (as I have done for many years without fault) the results I  received were horrendous. In May- June, I would have to travel via Istanbul, meaning  a 8hr trip to Dalaman, resulting in losing 2 days of my holiday. In the peak times, you get direct routes, but, you pay through the nose for them. I'm also disappointed that Sunshine Holidays have adopted the 'Lion Air' model of charging for hold luggage (£30 per bag, per flight, max 15Kg,as an added extra) All in all, being a single traveller, Aug 27, 14 nights, including return flights, transfers and hotel, I've been quoted £689.04.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 02:15:15 AM »
And if you have Thomas cooked your holiday they are planning to charge £22 to reserve a sunbed ???? >:(
Anyone up for this?

£22 to book a particular sunbed for your entire stay doesn't seem unreasonable. And, it's not compulsory, just a service they're offering.

Only a proportion of a hotel's sunbeds will be bookable, in a bid to ensure there are still enough sunbeds for those who do not want to pay the premium.

The scheme is being trialled in three hotels from the end of next month, and will be available in 30 hotels this summer.

A service to allow customers to select their hotel room before the start of their trip attracted more than 10,000 bookings during a trial phase last year, Thomas Cook said.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 13:20:02 PM »

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 13:24:28 PM »
 :D 8) I somehow knew the Germans would figure in this thread

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2018, 19:04:10 PM »
Well in all my years of going "abroad' for me holidays ( nearly 40 years now ) I have never and will not be paying to park my great big a@@e on an old plastic sun bed at any hotel in any location,completely shameful & purely a money making venture...just wen T.Crook had started getting my bookings again they can now F.R.O.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf