Author Topic: Car buying scams  (Read 990 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Car buying scams
« on: March 28, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »
As I am soon to be living in Turkey, I have to sell my Mini:(
I have it advertised in the Auto Trader (cheapest one around for 200 miles,same spec).
I have an interested buyer :) in Sweden:D

First e mail - I am interested in buying/acquiring your MINI COOPER valued at £13,950.00 , if the car is still available get back to me with the necessary details. I will be needing:
* pictures of cars to verify autenticity of advert.(engine and interior)
* your full name and home address together with
* your reconfirmed phone number (both home and mobile)
* number(s) of previous owner.
* fax number (if possible).
My personal details are also listed below,please feel free to contact me if the car is still available for sale so that we can commence negotiations as soon as possible.
 Name:-MR ADRIAN DEXTER .
Residence/Home Address :-AB RINGVAGEN 98 A
                              Box 20089
                              SE-104 60
                              STOCKHOLM
                              SWEDEN .

2nd E mail - Hello Andy,
     How are you doing today?I am a used car dealer with my own private showroom and garage and presently i am having talks with a shipping company here in Stockholm and they have informed me that they have an agent in the U.K who would be doing the pick-up and all the necessary documentation(dvla papers,log-book and the insurance and inspection cover).
     When my cheque clears at your bank then i inform the shipping agent to come to your residence to do the pick-up and all other documentation for the car,i pray this arrangement is suitable for you too,please i would be expecting you to email me the pictures i asked after so that i can have a pictorial assesment of the car in question.

Regards'

Adrian....

So I googled the first line of his letter -

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=134964

sounds very familiar, same address different name, and this one was two years ago! still scamming:(

Tinx ;) anybody want to buy a Mini?:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf