Author Topic: o2 for broadband  (Read 944 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
o2 for broadband
« on: June 09, 2008, 20:04:53 PM »
I got fed up paying £18 per month for my NTL broadband so I rang them to ask for an upgrade in speed (I was on 2meg). I was offered a 'better package' if I took on their phone. I declined and was basically told to 'take it or leave it'

Bulls and red rags come to mind so I started googling and came up with o2.

What a fantastic package and what wonderful customer service!

Within 6 days I had my free wireless box, stuck in the cd and it guided me through the installation with ease. Prior to that I had received text messages informing me of every stage of the process - when I would be connected and when my box would arrive (and did I want to choose the day myself).

I got it up and running within minutes and then put the cd in the other computers in the house and it set them up on the system.

I then got a problem - the remote computers kept losing the signal. At this point I thought ' this will be their first real test'.

I rang up and within 5 rings I was speaking to a real person (in the UK) who talked me through the problem and worked out I needed to change the wireless channel. He did it all remotely and I've had no problems since.

The cost?

£12.50 per month - or if you have an o2 phone - £7.50 per month. This is for up to 8meg plus 24/7 free calls to their customer service and free mcafee software.

Can't fault them so far:D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 20:06:17 PM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf