Author Topic: This girl asked me to listen to her songs...  (Read 1982 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
This girl asked me to listen to her songs...
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »
www.myspace.com/beckyjerams  

She comes from Portsmouth and contacted me through myspace to ask me to listen to her songs. The album is on the way - I think it will be well worth the fiver!

Give her a whirl and let her (or me) know what you think. You have to click on the 'play' button.

My view - great voice and excellent songwriter. Keeps you listening.

:)

ps - she's not a blonde either  ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:00:35 AM by stoop »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 13:39:48 PM »
Well I finally got Cadiz Music and Becky together! It only took about 12 months (these music luvvies - eh?).

She's now signed up to them for digital distribution and her album 'One More Step' will be available from 7th September 2009.

It's going to be on itunes, amazon, tesco and many others. 7digital have it ready to pre-order now.

http://www.7digital.com/artists/becky-jerams/one-more-step

Hopefully it will get her lots and lots of sales and enable her to leave her sh&tty job at Blockbusters (her words not mine) and spend more time writing and performing.

For those really interested then this is a great read - it tells the story of the album and each song in particular. I think from this you will understand a little more about how she 'ticks'. Personally I think she's extremely mad ;)

http://www.vinylrecords.co.uk/featured.html

Cheers everyone.

Stu:D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 13:40:53 PM by stoop »

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »
Well done Stu,
lets hope she now gets the break she needs, so she doesn't have to rely on the likes of Chesney (wouldn't no a good song if it jumped up and bit him) Hawkes.
I believe her collaboration with "Chicks with hits" has produced some good results as well.
 ;)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »

Hopefully it will get her lots and lots of sales and enable her to leave her sh&tty job at Blockbusters (her words not mine) and spend more time writing and performing.

Cheers everyone.

Stu:D

[/quote]

Lets also hope her manager from Blockbusters doesnt get to see this before she makes it big!  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 17:12:56 PM »
Jukey - she makes no secret of the fact it's a crappy job and has it documented on her myspace page.

I don't think it's the company or the manager that's the problem - more the customers.

It's been on her page for the last 12 months or so - so I guess anyone who knows her has seen it by now.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 17:15:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mike A

Well done Stu,
lets hope she now gets the break she needs, so she doesn't have to rely on the likes of Chesney (wouldn't no a good song if it jumped up and bit him) Hawkes.
I believe her collaboration with "Chicks with hits" has produced some good results as well.
 ;)

Cheers Mike - if anyone deserves a break it's this girl. Music is her whole life and writing is her main thrust at the moment.

I've got a few more cd's to send out next week so if anyone has any contacts or ideas I would be happy to take them on board.

:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf