Author Topic: How to stop the Tories  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 23:38:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

well said David

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/may/04/why-i-hate-tories-david-cameron

"Voting is always a balance between the moral and the strategic. What do I want, what can I get and what do I feel comfortable endorsing to get it."

Isn't that exactly why many people voted for The Tories under Margaret Thatcher  ?

Offline davidzz

How to stop the Tories
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 23:45:56 PM »
quote:
Not sure what that applies to David and I have no doubt that each case was an individual tradegy, but to be honest, I cannot see how you could lay that the any governments door.

The government was not responsible for their deaths as they made the conscious decision to end their lives. The government encouraged a greed culture, everyman for himself and that it was wrong to fail in fact it saddens me the more I think about it, its not right to return to that way of life, I thought we had moved on.

David

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 23:47:02 PM »
I hate Cameron and all his other colleagues who say "the Conservatives". "You should vote for the Conservatives" - I hate them calling themselves that, it REALLY makes my skin crawl. They should say "You should vote for the Conservative Party". Gordon Brown doesn't say you should vote for "The Labours" does he...

Conservative means tending to prefer the situation of now rather than meddling with it. If we'd had a Conservative government for the last 100 years we'd still be sending our kids up chimneys today.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 06:56:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by davidzz

The important thing is not to stop labour I do not want a return to the eighties policies as it reminds me of the many Funerals I attended for people I knew who took their lives because of the financial situation they got into. I saw families distressed and living in poor conditions, street riots, police corruption, communities split up. It was greed and no concern for the common man, cameron represents the same goverment that presided over these years. Labour has its faults but I would not want to live through those times again and it would not be fair to put our children through it.

If this government gets back in we will all suffer immensely. They will take us the same way as Greece. THIS COUNTRY IS ALMOST BANKRUPT AND LABOUR WILL FINISH THE JOB OFF.

This government has been caught with its hands in the tills. Flipping second homes to avoid tax etc etc etc.

This government has presided over mass immigration which has split communities - let's see how the BNP do in certain areas of the UK.

This government can't even stand on it's own election pledges as they now want voters to vote for the Lib Dems in order to keep Brown in office and save their own skins. How sad is that?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 07:23:29 AM »
I understand that Peter Hain used the term "intelligent voting" when referring to tactical voting.

Muppet ! I'd like to think that I have voted intelligently in the past by deciding on which party I wanted to govern this country rather than the one I didn't.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
quote:

The important thing is not to stop labour I do not want a return to the eighties policies as it reminds me of the many Funerals I attended for people I knew who took their lives because of the financial situation they got into. I saw families distressed and living in poor conditions, street riots, police corruption, communities split up. It was greed and no concern for the common man, cameron represents the same goverment that presided over these years. Labour has its faults but I would not want to live through those times again and it would not be fair to put our children through it.

I missed this one. do Brits have such a short memory?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

I understand that Peter Hain used the term "intelligent voting" when referring to tactical voting.

Muppet ! I'd like to think that I have voted intelligently in the past by deciding on which party I wanted to govern this country rather than the one I didn't.

Ed Balls even pleaded with Labour voters to vote Lib Deb.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 09:18:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by loz

quote:

I missed this one. do Brits have such a short memory?

Most labour voters must have complete short term memory loss in that case ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 09:31:29 AM »
Stoop do you feel like a lone drummer? ;): :)

Offline Diverbaz 1

How to stop the Tories
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »

quote:
This government has been caught with its hands in the tills. Flipping second homes to avoid tax etc etc etc.

I think you have a very short term memory Stoop, it was not just "This government" it was all parties.
Most of them were not fiddling they were using the system. As an ex civil servant I used to be paid an allowance for nights away from home, which at the time was around £17/night, that had to pay for a hotel and a meal, sometimes we could find a cheap hotel and make a couple of quid, this was deemed to be illegal use of tax payers money, so we were put on "actuals", we could now put in for virtually anything we could provide a receipt for (including drinks), the hotels we could book through the governments hotel booking service, typically £100/night. All totally legal, the loser, the taxpayer. As I said it was/is the system, of all the people investigated very few will end up in court, because what they did was within the rules.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf