Author Topic: Stupid Holiday Complaints  (Read 1508 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Stupid Holiday Complaints
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »
Had to laugh at some of these:

"Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."

"We bought 'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five euros (£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."

"No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

"It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."

"My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

"I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

"The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?":D:D

"There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners."

"We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."

"I was bitten by a mosquito - no-one said they could bite."

"I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.

"It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."

"On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

"We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."

:D:D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:35:14 AM by stoop »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »
My friend's sister is a Thomson rep in Nerja and had to move people from their sea view, seafront, on the beach hotel room because the sea was keeping them awake.

Offline Robw

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »
I love this one

"It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."
:D

Offline pasha

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 22:39:37 PM »
How about this one,

It is the first week in August, the temp is in the forties during the day and high twenties at night.

I am manning reception in the hotel in Hisaronu where I was a partner.

A rather digruntled couple came to reception and demanded that they be given blankets for their room. I complied with their request and whilst waiting for the said blankets to arrive politely asked them why they needed blankets in this heat, to which they replied "Because it is too bloody cold in the room with the aircon on all the time".   8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 23:01:30 PM »
The hotel we stayed at in Venice was fantastic - on the waterfront 200 metres along from the Bridge of Sighs and St Marks Square, looking out to an amazing island view. The hotel is loyal to it's 19th Century age, and stays sympathetic to the style and area, both outside and in.

There are people on Tripadvisor complaining that "the decor and furniture are a bit old fashioned"

:-\

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 23:22:13 PM »
duh!!!!!! what a beautiful room and view

Offline tiddly winks

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 00:02:07 AM »
It really makes you wonder how these people even managed to book the holiday, let alone get on the plane! :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 00:05:12 AM »
"The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?"

This one has to be my fav of all time  :)

Offline marina

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:00:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

The hotel we stayed at in Venice was fantastic - on the waterfront 200 metres along from the Bridge of Sighs and St Marks Square, looking out to an amazing island view. The hotel is loyal to it's 19th Century age, and stays sympathetic to the style and area, both outside and in.

There are people on Tripadvisor complaining that "the decor and furniture are a bit old fashioned"

:-\

:D  Wow!  What a beautiful room and view.  Just don't understand some people!

Offline starman™

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
and some from american tourists I have heard.

Does this elevator go up?

What time does the midnight buffet start?

Wow, your from England. Do you know John from London?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf