Author Topic: BBC 3 - Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents  (Read 909 times)

Offline tiddly winks

BBC 3 - Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents
« on: January 28, 2011, 23:23:33 PM »
I don't know how many people have seen this show, for those who haven't it's basically 2 groups of teenagers on seperate holidays in the same town. However the parents of one person in each group comes along and secretly watches everything their kids and their friends do and eventually there is a reveal where the teenager finds out they're parents have been watching them.

So far the reactions from the teenagers have been decent, no one's flipped out yet. The show itself an interesting and amusing watch.

But there's something I find not quite right about the concept of parents sneaking around like that. Maybe I'm biased as a teenager, but I'm interested in your views on this: Given the chance, would you do the same as these parents? Or would you simply trust your teenagers to holiday themselves with the mantra 'what goes on holiday stays on holiday'?

Offline Julesp

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 00:22:38 AM »
To be honest, If I was a teenager in this show, I would be horrified my parents came along to spy. When will these people let their offspring get a life?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 00:30:58 AM »
I've watched a couple of episodes Kirsty.
As a parent I'd NEVER do that to my children, it just doesn't sit right with me.  
If you trust them enough to go on holiday with their friends then that should be enough. I'm quite sure worse goes on in most city centres every weekend yet no one bats an eyelid

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:32:49 AM »
why would you do that ?   For gods sake, weren't they teenagers once themselves ?  Can't they remember what they got up to ?!!  Let them have a bit of fun (as long as they are safe), I think thats really low, and the parents should be ashamed of themselves.   [:(!]

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »
i remember my dad sending my sister to spy on me when i was 16

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 02:33:42 AM »
Just how low can people sink...

I think its appalling behaviour for parents to spy on their teenage children and its despicable for them to collude with this for public entertainment without the knowledge of their children - is their no respect for people's privacy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf