Author Topic: £6billion to Portugal?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
£6billion to Portugal?
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »
Thanks Mr Darling. A great parting gesture.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:57:44 AM »
go on Stoop... you know you want to say more  ;)

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »
Disgusting!

Offline BM06

£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 13:52:17 PM »
Its not a loan or a gift, the uk are standing as guarantee for the 6ml along with other EU country's so that Portugal can loan the money from the IMF at 12.6%, not like the 600ml+ Cameroon gave to Pakistan of our money, because he opened his gob whilst on a trip India and upset them with his comment on terrorism stemming from within that country, if he wants to say sorry why not use his own money not mine and yours, a fickle man if ever there was one, will go down in history as U turn Dave.

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 14:02:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

not like the 600ml+ Cameroon gave to Pakistan of our money, because he opened his gob whilst on a trip India and upset them with his comment on terrorism stemming from within that country,

He was right in what he said though.

Pete

Offline BM06

£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 14:12:21 PM »
You may well be right Pete, thats your opinion, but what you do not do is say it, and then grovel and use you countrys money to pay for your lack of tact and diplomacy, the man in my opinion is a complete numpty, typical eton type, just has no clue of the real world we are now living in, cluless.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 14:56:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

so that Portugal can loan the money from the IMF at 12.6%
Blimey, they would be bankrupt within 24 hours if the were asked to pay this rate! Did you shift the decimal one place to the right?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 16:16:18 PM »
Why blame Alistair Darling?

He like many other finance ministers that were left with this big problem. The financial system was in melt down and action had to be taken to support these financial institutions. If anyone wants to place blame start with the banks, the big accounting firms and the rating agents. These are the sharks that were having a feeding frenzy.

The Irish bailout has put the country back about 30 years and a whole generation will have to pay for it. Just spare a thought for your average Greek, Portugese or Irish person they have been lumbered with a massive debt and they probably got very little benefit from the boom.

In 1974, I had to get on the boat and leave Ireland and my way of life and come to England. It was the UK that gave me my chances in life and I will never never forget that. It is the main reason why I will always stick up and support the UK. The only exception being when they play sport against Ireland.After years of econiomic growth and prosperity immigration stopped. Now it is back and a 1000 young people leave Ireland every week. These are the well educated and instead of helping Ireland they are bringing benefit to countries like Australia and germany.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 16:18:34 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 17:41:44 PM »
Bm- it's six billion not six hundred million!!

Also why should we support countries in the euro when we stayed out because we knew it would go t@ts up?

Darling didn't have to agree and could have opted out.

Offline ronzeus

£6billion to Portugal?
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 18:22:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Bm- it's six billion not six hundred million!!

Also why should we support countries in the euro when we stayed out because we knew it would go t@ts up?

Darling didn't have to agree and could have opted out.

:oThis is getting beyond a joke as i find myself agreeing with Stoop for the third time in 7 years  ;)Darling and Brown had no right to sign up as we are not in the Euro zone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf