Author Topic: URGENT: Fuel Price Hike  (Read 3197 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
URGENT: Fuel Price Hike
« on: June 09, 2011, 16:04:53 PM »
Hi chums
I hope UK residents have heard the warnings about imminent price hikes in gas and electicity prices. Scottish Power has already announced +19% on gas and +10% on electricity. Experts recommend that you protect against this by going on to one of the market leading fixed rate tariffs that cover the next year or so. However, as other fuel companies follow Scottish Power these good-rate fixed deals will quickly disappear. If you are going to act, then act now. I changed my tariff this afternoon; it took me 10 minutes.

If you've already got a good fixed rate or you're not worried about fuel prices please ignore this post. If not you might find find this site helpful - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/#energy

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 16:40:15 PM »
Thanks Colwyn, I'd been meaning to take a look. Bye bye Scottish Hydro and hello to EDF Energy, a little cheaper anyway but also fixed till September next year. As you say, all done in 10 minutes. I can't wait for the local news to say that Scottish Hydro are hiking their prices up now  :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 17:08:43 PM »
have shared with me mum and dad - thanks

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 18:10:35 PM »
Blimey, thank god im with Aydem. ;) :)

Offline thebillet

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 23:39:50 PM »
Try doing it with Topcashback...works for me!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 08:12:41 AM »
I've always found EDF to be the best for me, very good customer service, freephone number & comparable prices, what more do we want?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 13:08:39 PM »
Me too. Seems like the Frenchies are getting a lot of our business.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 16:38:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn

Me too. Seems like the Frenchies are getting a lot of our business.

Just out of curiosity are they (the French) using nuclear power as the source of their energy?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 18:51:08 PM »
Nichola, it doesn't matter to the UK customer. The French company EDF is not selling French energy to the UK. It doesn't matter whose gas or electricity you seem to be buying; it is all exactly the same gas and electricity - otherwise you would need different pipes and cables for you and your neighbours! All the different energy companies (retailers) are doing is applying different administration rates to charging you for it, combined with different skill in buying it from the energy producers (wholesalers) at high or low prices.

What the big, fat, inefficient energy companies are hoping (and, yes, I am thinking about British Gas) is that most customers are too trusting, timid, lazy or uniformed about how easy it is, to bother changing their provider. For years I was one of these people who never changed my bank nor my insurance company as well as my fuel supplier. When I finally realized that companies offer no prizes for loyalty - they just take increasing advantage of you, I started questioning everything and saved £100s. Oh, well - better late than never.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 14:12:06 PM »
many thanks Colwyn just done ours as we are currently with Scottish Power and to pay nearly 30% more is just ridiculous:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf