Author Topic: Bad Start to Xmas  (Read 952 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Bad Start to Xmas
« on: December 24, 2012, 14:13:58 PM »
Last night, just for a moment, the sky cleared and the moon shone through the rainclouds. I thought it was a chance for a moody and evocative picture to take a photo of the moon reflected in the flood water across the valley. So I grabbed the camera a went outside and onto a piece of rough land overlooking the flood plain. Trying to find a good viewpoint I wandered off the path in the darkness. My feet got tangled in a large clump of tall grass and I fell headlong into a bramble bush. With my feet now held by the grass, and my arms and legs fiercely embraced by the brambles, I failed in four efforts to get upright again landing back deeper in the brambles.  Finally I crawled out on hands and knees ripping myself clear of the thorns via the nettle patch.

Today my arms and legs look like an abstract by Jackson Pollock in an exceptional departure from his usual colours (black, grey and mustard yellow) to experiment with red, purple and pink, and my hands resemble a dartboard.

Well I hope you have a better start to Christmas and have a thoroughly good time throughout. But if you have a bit of a mishap, like me, then please post it on here so you can the rest of us a good laugh.

Offline Stan

Re: Bad Start to Xmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 14:37:33 PM »
Hope you are o.k. ( could alcohol help ?)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 14:49:22 PM »
I've decided to try that - applied internally.

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 14:53:38 PM »
Colwyn, that sounds awful - and painful!  Glad it's nothing too serious and keep taking the 'medicine' until you feel better!

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 15:08:37 PM »
But did you get the photo??

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 15:30:12 PM »
Afraid not. I retreated in the face of hostile nature. Mind you, I did get a lot of sympathy: "Careful! Watch where you are bleeding", "We haven't got a plaster that big", "What the hell did you think you were playing at?", "Why didn't you tell me you were going out. You could have knocked yourself out and lain there all night", and finally "So did you get this bloody photo then?". So you can appreciate how glad I am that you asked.

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 15:49:19 PM »
That's us women all over, caring to a fault.  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 15:53:59 PM »
Take it easy Colwyn and keep the medication regular.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf