Author Topic: Life perspective  (Read 1378 times)

Offline valleyboy

Re: Life perspective
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:38 AM »
I work in a cancer hospital and every day I go to work I witness incredible levels of human strength, courage and dignity, it is a truly humbling experience, it is not only a great honour to help care for these people, it is also an every day teaching to embrace every day you are well and helps inspire to live life to its full potential, thoughts are with your friend Stoop.

Offline angela

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly, I am employed in the world of cancer, and it really does focus the mind on the real important things. We none of us know how long this precious life will last, or what we will have to face up to during it, so don't waste it. I am involved in a national screening programme for bowel cancer, and only just over half of the invited  national population participate. please don't waste the opportunity.
(sermon over )
PS  despite what is in the papers at the moment, there are still lots of us good guys in the NHS  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
Stoop, I'll pray the worst doesn't happen for your friend but reading your post he's had and enjoyed a good life.  Be thankful for that.

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=210338992442990

It made me think of this chap. Sort of puts your own life in perspective. I hope your friend gets the transplant he needs Stoop.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 12:17:04 PM »
Well  I got a message off his brother last night. He is paralyzed down his left side, cannot see or hear but has managed to start swallowing without aid and there has been very small signs of improvement.

It sounds like a very long road to recovery.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf