Author Topic: Guns in USA  (Read 1181 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Guns in USA
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:35:46 AM »
A Facebook friend reported a disturbance outside her apartment recently. It seems it was to do with this :

http://tinyurl.com/d8xulkb

On page two this is said - which really confused me because I'm not sure what a 'good shooting' of another human is:

"Mr. Kelly, the police commissioner, said Tuesday that there was “nothing to indicate that this shooting was outside the guidelines.” Mr. Cerar concurred, saying, “Under the reported circumstances, it appears to be a good shooting.”

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Guns in USA
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
Guns and the States... There is a totally different attitude to the them in America.  I watch Pawn Stars and whenever they are offered an Antique Gun it must be fired to make it more valuable.  Last night an old 1860 hand gun was taken to out in the desert and fired at a model of a man.  The owner was delighted as it was now worth more money. He gave permission for it to be fired, even though there was a chance it could blow up in the hands of the man firing it.
In this country Antique guns are not thought to be worth less because they cannot be fired.  I have known collectors of guns who would not dream of wanting to fire them.
This is the way Americans think.  A gun has a use and even if it's old it still must be a dangerous weapon.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:08:48 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me the cabinets full of guns for sale in Walmart.

Also when we were out last year a father caught a guy attempting to rape his young daughter, and shot and killed him.
When it went to court the judge said that was fine, an ok thing for him to do under the circumstances.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »
Also when we were out last year a father caught a guy attempting to rape his young daughter, and shot and killed him.
When it went to court the judge said that was fine, an ok thing for him to do under the circumstances.
It would be fine by me too if it was my daughter!!

Offline Lotty

Guns in USA
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »
Agree Kenkay!

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
If only we had some decent judges in this country.........

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf