Author Topic: Small World moment  (Read 839 times)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Small World moment
« on: June 12, 2013, 18:13:12 PM »
i have a place in Hisaronu, Its on a small complex 12 in total. There is only one couple here at the moment, apart from me and Mrs Tiggsy.
I was in the pool yesterday, so were the other couple. I mentioned a post off Bluemoon, the guy that ate the hot cheese pasty and burnt his mouth, health and safety and all that. The guy (his name is Tony like mine) comment thus:-

Health and safety was nowhere when I was bogeying full belt down Yew Tree Lane.

I replied Yew Tree Lane thats got to be Dukinfield

Thats right he said.

Christ Im from Duky are you then

Yes from the top end of Yew tree

I replied after asking is age the only person I can actually think of from that area would be Anthony Cavanah (a lad 8 years younger than me and the son of one of my dads best mates.

Thats me Tony Cavanah!!!

Turns out his dad died not long after mine and his body was discovered by my uncle David my dads brother. Funny thing is he also calls my uncle his uncle too.

How weird is that.

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Small World moment
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 18:20:22 PM »
I do apologise I copied and pasted this post off my Man City Forum Bluemoon. Now I read it I realised that I could have done a much better job of telling this story. But I guess youll get the drift. As anyone else had one of those small world stories?

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 20:06:52 PM »
it's a small world

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 21:57:48 PM »
Nice story Tiggsy. My auntie from Scotland went to London (for the first time and as things turned out, the only time) and walking down Oxford Street met my brother, who was there for the day, also from Scotland.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 23:03:59 PM »
A few years ago, my aunt &uincle were flying to New Zealand, to visit their daughter, & had a 2 night stopover in the Far East. On one of the evenings, they visited a market & had someone take their photo. On their return to the UK, they were showing their photos to friends, when one asked "how do you know my sister & her husband?" My aunt & uncle were a bit non plussed to be told that standing behind them in their photo was their friend's family!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf